01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Survey: a few questions about virtual tasting events

twstaste

Hi everyone! :smiley:

We’ve got lots of new faces, and some good reasons to join together more frequently for virtual tastings/events while many of us are in isolation, so I’d love to hear your thoughts on what you’d like to see:

How often should we hold events?

You don’t have to attend them all, obviously, but how frequently would you like to see events available here?

• Monthly
  • Fortnightly
  • Weekly
  • More than once per week

0 voters

What days of the week would you like us to host events?

We normally do TWSTaste on Thursdays, but there’s no reason for us to stick to that day of the week every time.

Pick as many as you like from the below:

• Mondays
  • Tuesdays
  • Wednesdays
  • Thursdays
  • Fridays
  • Saturdays
  • Sundays

0 voters

What times of day would you like events to take place?

Again, we normally opt for evenings, 8-9pm (after the kids have gone to bed!) but let me know what you think:

• Stick to evenings
  • Daytime
  • Mixture of both

0 voters

How many wines would you like to taste in one event?

We normally do two, sometimes three - is that about right?

Select as many as you like from the below options:

• Stick to two or three
  • Taste more wines (maybe up to five?) over a longer event, such as 2 hours
  • Just one wine (potentially something a bit more ‘special’!)

0 voters

Lastly, what kinds of events would you like to see?

Select as many as you like from the below options:

• Wine tastings
  • Food and wine matching events
  • Informal events (just chatting - maybe on a specific topic of interest - while we drink wine/have dinner)
  • Webinars (where we get staff or other wine industry experts to broadcast on video, discussing a certain wine-related topic)
  • Educational wine events (learning interactively about wine)
  • Quiz nights
  • Other (please leave your ideas as a reply below!)

0 voters

I can’t promise we can fulfil everyone’s wishes (although we’ll of course try!) - I’m just really interested to see what kinds of things you’re looking for to help with our plans. :smiley:

would also be good if wines for the next 3 tastings would be announced in advance to make up a case…

and benefit from free delivery and cut the burden on the delivery service(s)…very good point well made.

I agree. One of the reasons I stopped taking part was the shortish lead times, and unless I was pulling together another order I just didn’t bother.

Absolutely! We’re putting a plan together in the next day or so, and I’ll make sure we announce events in bulk so people can choose which ones to order wines for. :slight_smile:

Thanks @Laura, great idea. Advanced information is really appreciated

I’ve voted for all the events :joy::blush: they would be great fun I think!

On time: evening yes, but either before 19 or after 21: not really suitable to do it during dinner.

My main problem with the current tastings (which I think are a great idea btw) is that I only get 2 deliveries a year so I never have the wines in stock that are being tasted. So from that basis the idea of wider ranging tastings is good. I can imagine the popularity of these events is going to increase dramatically.

I’ve never joined in the TWS virtual tastings due to generally not wanting to only order the 2 wines, although I have done this on another forum when readily available wines were used. The suggestion of advance notice so that I can potentially make up a case sounds great and would encourage me to join in.

This is so great to hear! We’re working on trying to get a programme of events together to announce ASAP so you can choose which ones to attend and make an order in advance. :slight_smile:

I guess one of the problems you’re going to face here is that supposing you get the details published say three months in advance, it’s not that uncommon for a wine to completely sell out in less than that time presenting people buying closer to the date with a problem.

Don’t get me wrong advance notice like this is more likely to get me more involved as well, as being a one person household I don’t make all that many orders.

Perhaps a hundred bottles could be ‘ring-fenced’ and kept to one side - if a separate code was applied that was only made known through the community tasting pages - maybe that could work? Once the tasting date had passed, it would revert back to the standard order reference.