01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Summer press tasting - you could be there!

And so the summer is soon to be upon us … or did it all happen in three days last month!?

Whatever the weather, on Monday 11th June we are holding our next press tasting for the great and the good of the UK wine writing universe, and two Community members will also be there. Last time out @Nowt_in_my_glass was going, and then a work commitment came up so we had to have a re-draw! He has confirmed he can come to this one, so we’ll be drawing one name out of a hat at midday on Friday 11th May to join him.

If you’d like to be put in the draw, please let me know. Here are the details:

When: Monday 11th June, 10:30am to 3:30pm
Where: Vinoteca Marylebone, 15 Seymour Place, London W1H 5BD (Marble Arch)
What: c. 80 wines, each of our buyers pouring c. 10 wines from their ‘jurisdictions’ - oh, and a cold buffet lunch.
With whom: UK wine writers and seven of our eight buyers

For some insight to the last press tastings, you can drop a note to those who have attended previously, namely @wamt74 @szaki1974 @woodap and @Leah. And don’t worry, we’re not looking for exhaustive notes afterwards. All have shared their thoughts on the wines tasted, but @Leah was clearly pushing for a job as copy writer last time! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The Society's Summer Press Tasting: 2nd installment

Would love to have my name in the hat please!

Oh yes please, @Ewan!!
I hope the sorting hat likes me this time :wink: :pray:

Thanks so much @Ewan! Another great excuse to wear ironed clothing!

I mean … I TOTALLY don’t mind writing up a further 80 wines :rofl:… but fair is fair, I’ll pass on the purple teeth throne :tired_face:… ! Good luck to everyone in the draw . It’s a great day :smile:.

@Ewan Would be great to join you, count me in please!

Yes please put my name in the hat. Slightly phased by @Leah’s notes mind you! Very impressive.

I would love to be in the draw…

I would love to take part in the draw @Ewan.

Many thanks

Please put me in the draw!

Thanks.

Hi Ewan; Please could I also be included in your draw for 11th June? Thanks.

Well, we’ve drawn lots for 11th June (and, while we were at it, we thought we’d draw for our next one on 27th September too).

The winner for 11th June is …

@Inbar!!

The winners for 27th September (please confirm you’ll be able to make it) are:

@Alchemist and @JayKay!!

Details will be messaged to you all shortly.

What!!! Could this be real?!!.. moi?!
I would like to thank my mother… erm, no! wrong occasion!
THANK YOU so much…!! I have just splattered my coffee again, @Ewan! :rofl::rofl:
Right! What to wear…? (no perfume, of course…!)
You just made my day :wine_glass::smile:

This double draw stuff is faintly reminiscent of the FIFA Russia/Qatar debacle…just saying

There will be another draw for further places at the same September tasting - just two places feels like a pair rather than a community!

Oh - that’s just the kind of thing Gianni Infantino would say :wink:

Hi @Ewan, that’s fantastic - thank you! I am free on 27th Sept and it would be a pleasure to represent the Community and join you. I only hope my tasting notes live up to previous contributors :worried:

There’s really no pressure :slightly_smiling_face:

Congratulations to everyone!! You will enjoy it immensely :smile::smile:
Looking forward to hearing about all the great ones.

Hi @ewan thank you for the news! I am both thrilled to win anything in a ballot of any kind (I just don’t) and sad that I must pass on this opportunity as we shall be away on holiday at that time in September. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for a future chance to win the big one!