Suggestions wanted for wine tours near Perth (Australia)

Hello - I’m hoping to get any recommendations for wineries or tours near Perth Australia.

Ideally looking for something in addition to Margaret River!

Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Many thanks.

Lancaster in the Swan Valley

1 Like

You can do many boat wine tours from Elizabeth Quay to the Swan Valley or you can book on to bus tours which stop off at different wineries .
I was in Perth last week and visited Talijancich which had a really good réserve Verdelho along with a very good Graciano . I also visited Faber, unfortunately they had some event going on and the wines that were available to taste were not their top juice . I did get to taste a Cabernet/ Shiraz blend which was excellent however.
I’ve previously been to Conti but there’s literally a ton of wineries in the Swan to choose from.

1 Like

Swan district is really interesting and full of history, and Olive Farm is the oldest winery in continuous operation (since 1829) in Australia; they also have a good deli and offer lunch platters. Also check out Sandalford, Jane Brook, Houghton, John Kosovich, Sittella, and another plug for Talijancich - all of these were well worth visiting.

Going south before getting to Margaret River (which is in itself a bit of a drive from Perth) is Peel and Geographe, and if you fancy this direction, check out Peel Estate and above all, Capel Vale where we had a truly divine lunch with wine pairings.

1 Like