01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Spring is in the air ... and so is our press tasting!

tasting
press-tasting

Yay! It’s that time of year when we ask for names to be put into the Community hat for an invitation to The Society’s Spring Press Tasting. Fancy putting your name forward?

No formal tasting experience is needed, simply a willingness to come to London and enjoy sniffing, swirling and spitting (forwards or backwards!) around 70 wines in the company of some of the nation’s finest wine writers and tasters.

There are three places available for this tasting of wines new to the February and May Lists, as well as offers in April, May & June - previous attendees will vouch for the fun you will have and the horizons you will broaden. Priority will be given to those who have not been before.

All you need to do is:

• Check you’re free on Thursday 26th March
  • Be able to make your own way to 67 Pall Mall, London on that day
  • Be available for a goodly portion of the opening hours of the tasting (10am to 3:30pm)
  • Be willing to write up your thoughts about the wines tasted and share them with the Community.

Let me know in this thread if you’d like your name to go in the hat. We will draw names after midday on Thursday 27th February.

A bit scared of being first as I’m worried that the first shall be last! But even more scared of forgetting to put my name down later! Please do include me in the drawer. Thanks Ewan.

Yes please, Ewan.

Here’s hoping!

I’ve already got that week off work so sure!

Go on then!

Having won before I can confirm these are great events, with really nice staff and other members and some seriously good wine!

I’d like to bid, please.

Me me me Me ME ! I can taste wine and talk about it til the cows come home - years of experience.

Is the Community hat the same as the Hogwarts sorting hat?

Why am I on holiday?!

I can and I will, should it be asked of me! :sunglasses:

Put me down for it please!

well…I won a bottle of Prosecco at a quiz last night so seeing if my run of luck continues here !

Available and even know the quickest route to 67 Pall Mall from my house :slight_smile:

Just to add to @Aaronb 's comments. This really was a great event and much enjoyed not only for the opportunity to taste some fantastic wines (some of which are well out of my price range) but also to be able to meet a number of the WS buyers and staff and many of the wine journalists who attend. The event runs for about 5+ hours so you can pace yourself and have a little break in the middle for a light lunch which is provided. @Ewan was a great host and made us three members really welcome, as did the other WS staff in attendance.

Yes please, Ewan.

I’d like to throw my hat into the ring please!

Sounds fantastic. I’m certainly not an expert taster but if thats not a problem then I would love to go!

10/10. Epic fun, highly recommended!!!

Yes please! :crossed_fingers:

I’m in (Dionysus willing).