01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Society Gold

societygold

Okay, I needn’t have waited as the least exciting (for me, probably not if you are a Bordeaux fan mind you) set of monthly offers ever have just gone online on the website. Actually I did not wait and placed an order of 7 halves (plenty of space for the golden bottle) for a carefully selected (Monte Carlo and stuff) delivery date.

To be fair, they’re not really offers but rather highlights. It’s just a recommended selection.

A few years ago there was a promotion on The Society’s Claret in that a number (20,30,50???) had a special cork and if you had that cork you won a (I think) classed growth claret .

I bought but didn’t find the cork, and wasn’t that impressed with the contents either.

That’s true, too.

I just totally panicked and thought I had added 9 bottles to my last order… but it was 8 actually :sweat_smile:

Just pressed submit to be in with a chance. Collection from a local point counts, as confirmed by member services.

Obviously I don’t need any more wine in the flat and was really trying to hold off this month, relying more on taking things out of storage (including some
Tomas Cacik Frankovka 2017 which I also didn’t need but was compelled to purchase following the TWS Taste last month and put in Reserves due to lack of space at home). However the chance to win is too much to miss so I’ll be receiving this week a few special bottles from my wishlist.

The cycle continues!

Spatburgunder

This popped up on my Twitter feed today…

I saw that too, dreaming of the Cote Rotie or Vega Sicilia… :star_struck:

The Grange, Latour and DRC rather took my eye. However I’d like TWS staff to know that I’m not at all fussy and will be happy with any of the wines pictured :grin:

Well I didnt know about this ‘secret’ ; maybe too old to understand ‘teaser campaigns’ and better things to do than waste time with social media. On a positive note: Placed an order last week, arrived today - happily no surprises, havnt ‘won’ anything. Good wine though.

You mean the Sylvain Cathiard Vosne Romanee aux Malconsorts. Unless I am mistaken. Don’t get me wrong… I would happily take it or any of them. What are the two Cornas?

Noel Verset and Thierry Allemand it seems… will stop watching this video now…

TWS has fundamental values - successful values - which have lasted 164 years (hope thats correct). I agree: Offer good value, more importantly good quality, and great service. Job done!

Exactly as Leahs says: “if you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got”! - which is what works !

if you had won I hope you would have refused it.

I literally cannot believe a sprayed gold bottle wasn’t in my order :expressionless: however i got these lush looking beauties :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Ahh, lovely selection, @Nowt_in_my_glass! :+1::+1: the Niepoort Baxio is a beauty - let us know what you think of it when you have it. We drank it yesterday when we ate out, and the waiter ended up taking a photo of it - he had never seen this wine before. Invited him to try some - he was well impressed! :blush:

nice selection !

Have you had the Bergstrom before ?

Oooo i will do, i was a bit apprehensive about the 12% abv but after seeing him on the ‘year in port’ documentary i was took a leap if faith.

@JamesF no i wanted to explore different regions so we got an oregon pinot gris and the chardonnay. I’ve had some pinot noir which was a tad light for my taste but was very expressive.

Oh, don’t let this put you off. It’s a beautifully made wine, with fresh red fruit and a touch of spice on the palate, elegance, soft tannings and plenty of structure. In my opinion it’s a great alternative to a PN, or even a bit like a tamed Mondeuse. Refined is the word that comes to mind, and great with food. We had it with lamb (me) and gurnard (other half) and it complemented both beautifully. Still, this is my palate – so you may well not share my enthusiasm when it comes to it! :wink:

Agree with you! I won’t be ordering this month. I expect the “winners” may just keep the wines to look at and bring out to impress their guests.

I will be swigging my Cheval Blanc straight from the bottle, sediment and all, as soon as I rip it out of the box :crazy_face: