01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Society Exhibition Barolo

Society Exhibition Barolo

I find the Society Exhibition Barolo underwhelming. It is NOT “full-bodied with a firm classic structure…” It is barely medium bodied bordering on the thin. Not worth £25 I am afraid.

Happy to discuss with others.

About the Drinks Chat category

Hello!

Aw, that’s so disappointing. :frowning: I haven’t ever tried this wine so I’m not much help (out of interest, which vintage was it?), but hopefully some others here have and might be able to share their views.

In the meantime, I thought it might be worth sharing this from our website about The Society’s Promise, which applies not just to faulty wines but ones that didn’t meet members’ expectations/weren’t enjoyed:

I’d urge you to contact Member Services about this - they’ll be happy to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Do you have any bottles left?

@szaki1974 may be able to advise.

As much as I remember it felt a bit young / needing time, but would not say it has underwhelmed. Definitely not one of the stars of the tasting. It was the 2012 I think.

This tasting is where I had it.

One of the things I love about TWS is the returns policy. I’ve never had to use it but it’s reassuring to know it exists

Your comment would cover most Barolo that I have tried, which I expect is more to do with the ones I’ve sampled rather than the wine as a whole