01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Serving suggestion please

I’m making this delicious-looking recipe from the latest 1874 for supper, but at a bit of a loss what to serve it with.

All and any suggestions gratefully received.

1 Like

This one -

The Society’s Exhibition Langhe Nebbiolo 2019 (thewinesociety.com)

2 Likes

https://www.thewinesociety.com/product/magnum-of-salice-salentino-riserva-vallone-2018

1 Like

Oooh Looks great, how about a Xinomavro or a Morellino di Scansano?
There’s one on the list too…
Morellino di Scansano, Podere 414 2019 (thewinesociety.com)

1 Like

Hahahahahahahahaha, while all your wine suggestions are very welcome, I meant as a garnish :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Very sorry, should have foreseen that happening (might even use them, though leaning towards white at the moment).

3 Likes

White beans with oil/lemon/herbs? Or roast potatoes if you want a bit of crunch?

1 Like

Pasta.

I have no suggestion other than garlic mash, roasted potatoes or asparagus … The beans do sound good.
Or just this white wine…
Vernaccia di San Gimignano Vigna ai Sassi Riserva, Simone Santini 2020 (thewinesociety.com)
:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Garlic bread needs to feature somewhere.

2 Likes

Beans sound great, but only have black beans in a tin. Little roasties sound tasty too though

It’s a slightly funny recipe, my first though was pasta, but on closer look not so sure. Maybe orzo?

Another yum, just got time to roast some up.

Might just message MrsB and see what she fancies from this shortlist. I’d be happy with any of the above

1 Like

That’s a flat-bread sort of a meal if ever I saw one… isn’t it?

1 Like

Yes definitely flat breads.

2 Likes

Agree. Flatbreads would be fantastic, but we only have rubbish-looking Pitas (not a fan) or Parathas (delicious, but probably too flaky) in the freezer

If you’ve got yoghurt and flour in the fridge/cupboards you could make your own tasty/simple ones :smiley:

1 Like

It’s an Italian recipe so orzo would be a good choice.

1 Like

Isn’t this what Deliveroo is for?:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Couple of things:

1. avoid adding other cheeses to a ricota dish
  2. My approach to a situation like this calls for a simple egg pasta on normal or browned butter to a allow the main dish ingredients to come to the fore.
  3. You could also do white rice, using the method where you pan-dry the rice grains with a little bit of onion first, then add water gradually.
1 Like

I’d go white beans or buttery polenta (no cheese).

2 Likes

Shamefully the only yoghurt in the house is a peach Fruit Corner :anguished:. Would like to know what recipe you use though as fresh flatbreads sound great.

Winner!! If only I’d seen this before prepping the roasties. Probably for the best as MrsB is not keen on polenta (though fried up the next day she is a big fan of).

Thanks, no cheese added anywhere (except the Parmesan in the balls). Brown butter pasta sounds great, but as noted above, too late as I’d already sorted the spuds.

1 Like