01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

September Tasting: #TWSTaste - Portugal: Classic v Quirky

twstaste
discovery

We drank this with chicken jalfrezi tonight - yes, I know (!), but it stood up to the spice really well - the acidity and fruitiness blended in, and the silkiness wrapped itself around the fresh (home-grown, I might add!) vegetables. Worked brilliantly.

Only if you want it to be!

Doesn’t it just! Must remember not to drink the whole bottle…

My oh my! :wink:

:yum: That’s a very classy match! Putting my boring old lentil cobbler to shame!

Plenty of lentil cobbler to go around…? :laughing:

:heart_eyes: My goodness, reading through all of your food matches is making me so hungry!!

@Criquetchris??

Actually, I love Autumn in all its golden glory… just feels like we didn’t really have a ‘summer’ this year. Or not much of it, anyway. Windy as hell on top of our hill :tornado:

Am I right in thinking that 12%abv is above average for a Vinho Verde…?

You should have warned Mrs @Ewan earlier!! :open_mouth::joy:

In this kind of style, yes, upper end of things, but a warm year

Mrs CC: tried it with strong Welsh cheddar and vintage gouda and its good. But not so with ripe camembert.

We drink a lot of VV when we go to Madeira and it is usually more like 11%.

Yep! But I think 12% is the maximum the DO allows. Unless it’s made from 100% Alvarinho, in which case it can be higher.

TWS Deliveroo - now there’s a new business concept…

Shall we do a mark out of 10 before finishing the rest of the glass (bottle? :wink:) and pouring the red?

Now we’ve stopped eating I am picking up a slight spritz after all!

And it is very cheap. Some are 2 or 3 Euros

Good wine trivia! :+1:

8/10 for me! Ticks the VV boxes: fresh, but nice creamy texture, good acidity with lively fruit and goes down the gullet in no time. Tres bon!

we’re going for a 7.5