01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

September Tasting: #TWSTaste - Portugal: Classic v Quirky

twstaste
discovery

Please don’t…… @laura will feel guilty :sweat_smile:

The white is technically a better wine, but I drink a lot of VV. Think its the novelty that made us plump for the red.

Breakaway red-dregs party tomorrow night? What fun - I will try to check in! Tonight belongs to the VInho Verde though - not as interesting perhaps but so delicious.

yes a very different red that one. Might have to buy some more if it as well!

These tastings are not good for my wallet

Vote-o-meter seems a bit undecided…? A couple of us show as voting ‘twice’ for the same thing. I’d summon the Speaker of the House, but…

Haha! We’re just going to have to persevere with slowly converting @MikeFranklin to white wine as well! :joy:

Well, I’m off to actually eat my lentil cobbler (even though your dinners all sounded much better!) but it’s been a thoroughly brilliant evening thanks to you all!

Stay tuned for October’s event - on 10/10 - with the theme ‘Autumn Oddities’…! :jack_o_lantern:

Yes we will be doing exactly that.

DIVISION!!! CLEAR THE LOBBIES!!!

How strange - I’m seeing a uniform 79-21% in favour of the VV? Perhaps some flying flamingos in the plugin :speak_no_evil:

Another fun tasting! Lovely to share thoughts, sniffs and swills with you all! It’s always such great fun… and a chance to order wines we might not have ordered otherwise! :smiley:

Signing off from Brighton :wave:

I meant Swirls, not swills!!! Bloody auto-correct!!

Goodnight from Hertford, all - that was tons of fun as always :slight_smile: Thanks for getting involved and bringing such a wealth of fascinating opinions, reactions, food matches, puns, GIFs and all the rest. Looking forward to the next one (tomorrow?) already! Over and out for now

Goodnight all! :clinking_glasses:

Now that we’ve buggered up our units count for the weekend by drinking on our usual alcohol free day, we will repair to the sofa to negotiate a prorogation of the weekly unit count!

Goodnight from Dorset!

Thank you @laura, @Ewan and @martin_brown and everyone else so much fun. Sorry I missed the last one!

I usually have one glass a night. I think tonight was almost a week’s worth!

and goodnight from Edinburgh!

Oh and definitely a huge relief from what has been an appalling week workwise! Thank you!

We had a couple of glasses of this before we started…

…so we’re just going to fall asleep on the sofa now.

Night all x