01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Recommendations for Party Wines from TWS

I’m throwing a party for a big birthday soon and would be grateful for any advice on suitable easy drinking wines from TWS , up to a price of £8.00 a bottle.

My tried and tested suggestions are:

Whites

Reds

There’s only one fizz under £8 but if you wanted fizz and could stretch the budget slightly this is a winner!

Try the Domaine Jaume Cotes du Rhone 5 litre box.
Excellent stuff. We went to a neighbours 50th wedding anniversary, and I think there was about 8 boxes consumed - not only by me but the other 100 that were there.

The Baccolo has always been a party favourite at ours.

Agree with ALL of the above (especially the Les Pierres Bordes) but thought I’d chuck a few of my party failsafes into the ring:

Super easy-drinking, but still complex and pleasing.

Just utterly lovely. Yet to meet someone who doesn’t like it.

I don’t tend to like NZ sauvignon but this one is really fresh and pleasant to drink - great value too.

Everyone seems to overlook this but it’s one of my ultimate hidden gems. A real crowd-pleaser.

Hope this helps! :smiley: Let us know what you choose?

50p over budget but I think this Bulgarian red would be perfect! Absolutely as it’s described, extremely gluggable!

For white I’d choose this Portuguese offering (nicely under budget too so you could stretch to the Saumur that @tom recommended as it is delicious!) It ticks all my party wine boxes, refreshing and fruity, can drink on it’s own and is very reasonably priced!

The choice is incredible, but here are my three suggestions:

Red:

White:

Bubbly:

This isn’t a Society’s wine, but a great bubbly for the price:
https://www.aldi.co.uk/exquisite-cremant-du-jura/p/004711000727200

Hope you have a great party! :confetti_ball:

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I’ll order a selection of these and see what fits the bill !