01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Recipes for wine lovers - WIKI

recipe

There have been a number of lovely recipes shared across different threads recently, and rather than lose track of them I thought it might help to have a WIKI linking them all up as a future reference.

To add links to other recipes posted elsewhere in the community please edit this post rather than replying to it. Happy cooking!

1. Mama Galinsky’s Hummus recipe @Inbar

2. DrEm’s Nose to tail chilli beef stew recipe @DrEm

3. NickP’s Smoked Duck breast with walnut salad recipe @NickP

4. onlyawino’s Sausage Cassoulet recipe @onlyawino

5. Mrs Kirkbride’s Cumberland Rum Butter recipe @JayKay

6. The Dips thread [recipe] @Leah

7. NickP’s Slow Cooked Pulled Lamb recipe @NickP

8. Puy Lentil Salad recipe

9. Spicy Arrabbiata Sauce recipe

1. Mama Galinsky Honey Cake Surprise recipe

2. Taffy’s lamb shank recipe

3. Mike’s Garlick Mashed Tatties recipe

4. MarkC’s Gravadlax recipe

5. Venison Wellington recipe @NickP

6. Pulled Pork Recipe @DrEm

7. The slow cooker recipe thread @Leah

8. Beef a la Minervois recipe @onlyawino

9. Black pudding bonbon recipe @DrEm

10. Goat curry recipe @Inbar

11. Pork and perfect crackling recipe @Taffy-on-Tour

Great idea, as always! :+1:

Thanks @Alchemist

I think the recipes are also tagged as #recipe (you can click on that word as a link too) so in theory you could also use that tag to search the posts.

What might be good, however, might be to turn this wiki into a catalogue rather than a list. As the number of posts gets longer, we can maybe group them by certain types - so people can find something relevant.

First, let’s get LOTS more recipes and food posts started. Any ideas?

Lets start one for dips… I LOVE dips and they’re great for BBQs, @inbar 's Hummus could start it off, ive got a couple good ones too I can add.

I suppose the advantage of recipes for wine lovers is they’re already nicely marinated. (gets coat and leaves).

This Sunday is the evening of the Jewish new year (we always start our holidays at sunset - romantic people that we are). We traditionally start the celebration meal with an apple dipped in honey - to symbolised the sweetness we hope the new year will bring. We also bake honey cakes. You get the theme.

Here’s my mum’s recipe for honey cake surprise - the surprise being that there is no honey in the recipe, but a combination of jam and tea, which ends up tasting like honey. I make this every year, and the two monsters finish it before I get a chance to ‘test’ it myself. The only tweak I added over the years is adding some chopped dates too. Here goes:

Mama Galinsky’s Honey Cake Surprise

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of caster sugar (you could use Demerara if you want)
1/2 cup of plum jam (has to be plum)
1/2 cup of black tea mixed with 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
2 eggs
A splash of rum (optional)
1 and a 1/4 cups of plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Chopped dates (I sort of do this by eye)

Method:
Warm the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
Grease a loaf tin
In a bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together the sugar, jam and eggs until smooth; add the oil tea and rum (if using), then gradually add the flour and baking powder, until you got a good consistency and no lumps.
Fold in the dates, and pour onto the loaf tin.
Bake in the centre of the oven for 45 minutes (but check with a skewer that the centre isn’t doughy).

Enjoy with tea or coffee, but it’s lovely with a glass of Madeira or Maury too. :grinning:

Oooh @Inbar!! This is soooo great , thank you :grinning:.

A post was split to a new topic: Mike’s Garlic Mashed Tatties