01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Preview: What to Expect from our New Website

Went looking to see if my vcp had been allocated yet, and noticed something wrong on the reserves page. The sorting dropdown (which needs more options anyway) doesn’t actually work for date purchasd. A-Z/Z-A works (takes a while for me but might be my connection) but date purchased returns a random sort, so not at all useful at the moment.

I’ve stopped reading this listing now. It is getting somewhat repetitive. Personally, I think it would be better to allow the new site to bed in with the problems already identified the main things to get righted.

No one is making you read it

Was also under the impression that feedback had been asked for

Rather wondering what you were aiming to accomplish with your post ?

10 Likes

I suspect it is more useful to TWS than many of the people reading it. I suspect the users here frequently will be using the whole breadth of the website and uncovering issues that TWS might otherwise not have been aware of.

There is occasionally a slight sense of entitlement, which probably reflects how strongly people feel about the organisation (and their wine collections held within), but I’m sure TWS staff reading this for useful nuggets can ignore it, crack on with their snagging list and work to their own priorities.

7 Likes

People will be using this forum to ask TWS to prominently label whether a wine was “English bottled” or not next. Unbelievable, isn’t it?

7 Likes

Wiki created, though it’s not marked as a Wiki yet (I can’t seem to find the spanner icon as per How to … Start a Wiki post)

https://community.thewinesociety.com/t/wiki-new-website-feedback-ideas-snagging-list/11742/1

Wiki: New Website Feedback / Ideas / Snagging List

@laura As noted, it’s a starting point, you may want to shuffle the categories around so they suit your team better.

1 Like

I made it a Wiki

3 Likes

I saw that, I appreciate the effort to get started, thanks

I just tried this with three of the wines in my basket and was able to adjust all three of them. However, it took three attempts to reduce the Gratticaia down from 58 cases to 55. The other two worked first time.

Maybe keep trying, especially if that limited Dujac release suddenly appears!

1 Like

Thanks @Brocklehurstj but have been trying to do so, since yesterday evening. I think that it probably only applies to some listings. It’s not a major issue but just wanted to alert others, in the event that they had come across the same problem.

If you can, try to leave a case of the Graticciaia for me, before you snaffle it all up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In my wishlist I keep getting “This size not available select other size.” when actually there is no other size available and it is in fact simply “out of stock.” This is not consistent, so some wines do show “out of stock” whilst others have the size message when they are actually out of stock.

2 Likes

Yes, I would consider that more important to ‘all’ members and not just a few who may or may not have a particular penchant for more specific personal grievances.

I think that this, and the issues highlighted by me and many others on EP wines, illustrates that this does not seem to be a priority, and wasn’t really thought about when doing all this. Therefore I remain unimpressed. Not progress for me, but a step or two backwards.

4 Likes

Start years are given on wines one has bought
Account>My wines

so the info is available - just not on the pages you want

1 Like

Yes, I know, and that’s what annoys me; they actually have to do some programming to remove information and replace it with generalities! It’s also available if you download the PDF, but ultimately I want it at a glance when browsing; I can’t be downloading the PDFs of every wine I look at!

1 Like

2019-2021 Drinking now

First thought was that “Drinking now” was a bit superfluous, but on reflection it might be useful for those who can’t remember what year it is.

4 Likes

Especially if you are now drinking your drinking now wines

5 Likes

Yes if I’m honest I think that’s what really annoys me; it almost seems like a implicit statement that we need this help in figuring out if we’re in the window or not. Mind you when they were recently (old website) selling a mature Bordeaux that was actually outside the TWS drinking window (only visible once bought of course) it gaily stated “Drinking now”!!!

1 Like

Ah, that’ll be why you need the extra field - to handle those wines that are “drinking now” outside the drinking window. That makes much more sense now.

3 Likes

Sorry if this has been covered - but is anyone missing wines from reserves and “my wines” after the changeover?

Previously my “my wines” listed >480 wines and it is now 392.

More concerning - I went to withdraw a specific wine that has been in reserves for at least 8 years and it is missing. I have a fair bit in there so not sure if anything else is too. It seems it was one of the wines where the region was “other”. Just about to get on to member services.

1 Like