01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Preview: What to Expect from our New Website

The EP section has definitely got better, thank you, however there are still a couple of other areas to request improvement if I may…

My Wines
it no longer lists wines individually if they are in a mixed case (I’m sure it used to do this).

• The requirement
    I wanted to review drinking windows by filtering My wines, for example on Red & Burgundy

• The issue

1. I get some individual wines and many mixed cases returned. I have to then select each mixed case, find the wine, and select that to see the drinking window of each one. A very slow process and not easy to compare.
  2. Also some mixed cases have a White Burgundy and a different Red wine and these are also returned in my ‘Red Burgundy’ search even though there isn’t one.

Previously listing out all the wines individually made this sorting easy.

Members’ Reserves
the date sort order is still not correct.

• The requirement
    I was wondering when a mixed case would hit my reserves as wines ordered later had appeared in the list and I had not seen the mixed case arrive.

• The isssue

1. The naming convention is no longer as obvious as mix 20, mix 21, etc, so not easy to determine the latest case.
  2. The latest mixed case actually appeared on top of page 2 and so I had to check the mixed cases on the first page of 90 before finding it.

Don’t get me wrong, I do appreciate all the work the team are putting in to correct all the little issues and I quite like the new web site’s look. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone else also getting a worrying “You don’t currently have any wines stored in reserves” message this morning when trying to access their reserves?

Not sure how much help this is but it appears OK for me @NicolaR :crossed_fingers: for you

Thanks. I checked with the SW London tasting group as well and one of those members came back to me to say they are having the same issue so seems like it’s not just me.

That’s always reassuring! I have found an oddity in course of checking - thought it might be something to do with what device is being used, so having initially looked on my tablet I tried my laptop. Reserves access worked fine but I was unable to post on the laptop. Seemed as though the site thought I wasn’t logged in (tho I was to access reserves) and took me to T and C Probably user error but I wonder if anyone else has this?

They have indeed

1 Like

Me too, slightly disconcerting

1 Like

Thanks, Clive, as I suspected user error - I hadn’t scrolled down far enough to ‘agree’ and hadn’t read the thread as generally use my tablet so it wasn’t an issue :man_facepalming:

Worth calling member services to flag it.

I spoke with them earlier and they confirmed they couldn’t see any reserves showing for me either though they could see I’d put in a small reserves withdrawal request yesterday.

They have escalated it internally for someone more technical to look into it and then call me back.

1 Like

Hi @NicolaR thank you for flagging this, I’ve also passed this back to our team now and will let you know when I hear back!

1 Like

Website seems not to be working this morning for me, my wishlist is fine, but can’t search for wines from most regions/countries. Is there some update happening? Haven’t had problems with it recently until now…

Hi Kelly, I’m using Firefox on Mac Mojave 10.14.6 - if I accept all cookies it’s fine, but if I save and don’t allow certain cookies it breaks, and loops at requesting to agree to the terms of the community, again and again in a loop.

Don’t know why it’s requiring this every time. This should be stored somewhere, that we’ve agreed, on our individual profiles.

1 Like

Hi @Grimpeur, thank you for letting me know! This is something our team are investigating currently - I don’t have a fix to let you know of as yet, but just to reassure you that we are aware of this issue and it is being worked on.

1 Like

Thanks Kelly. I understand other members are missing their reserves too.

Once the missing reserves are resolved it would be good to understand how this happened and what has been put in place to stop it happening again.

5 Likes

Hi all - a quick update on some issues today - these are to do with a problem with our website host, Episerver and have caused some intermittent issues. When a website points at a platform it sorts them into clusters. One of these clusters is misbehaving and will need reloading. For members, this means you may see no wines, no reserves if your session is in this cluster. The next time you go onto the site all may be fine as you are pointed to a different cluster. It is irritating and we hope to have it resolved soon. It is not a problem at TWS end. Hope this is useful

17 Likes

Some weeks back I followed the debate relating to remaining wine from EP offers and whether or not they would continue to be offered to members. I recognise that there were views for and against but think the key consideration missing was, perhaps, where those who did buy from the leftovers will go if they could not access wines from TWS. I was one of those who bought from leftovers, usually after reports on the next vintage started to emerge and hoped the removal of this part of the website was temporary. However, given the length of time the service has been missing, I now fear it has gone permanently. If the decision is to remove this service from members it strikes me that two things might happen. First, TWS will need to fund additional reserves. Second, TWS risks loosing the spend of those that did purchase wines who may simply seek out leftovers from other merchants. Perhaps loss of this spend will be offset by offering museum wines, but I am less convinced. I also wonder what the ‘opportunity’ cost is to members if we sink more resource into reserves. What offers might we miss out on because, rightly, TWS has to manage its cash?

2 Likes

Just reinforcing my post on the thread around remaining stocks. We have no plans to withdraw the facility. The simple fact is that we have no leftover stock at present and have not had remaining stocks for some time. As soon as an offer leaves remaining stocks then these will be offered to members. Museum release wines have a separate process as these wines need to be planned carefully rather than an outcome of wines previously not purchased by members in an EP offer.

17 Likes

Steve, many thanks for that. I had clearly missed your earlier response on this. Sorry. When did you post that response?

If you click on Steve’s picture you can find his posts and this link you are looking for https://community.thewinesociety.com/t/goodbye-ep-remaining-stock-lists/12115/32

Right. Thank you. I had looked at the posts on this thread but had missed the other topic comment. That said, having just read it I am not sure it addresses my points. I read Steve’s note as remaining stocks will be removed earlier (they used to go just before the next EP campaign for that type of wine) and may be used for museum wines thus increasing Society stock. This leads me to the conclusion, for example, that the remaining stock of Burgundy 2019, of which there was a significant range pre the new website, have been moved into TWS reserves significantly earlier than they would have done previously. Not sure I agree with Steve’s phrase that this offers better value for members - my opportunity cost argument. Equally, members spend may also still be diverted to other suppliers if they cannot access remaining EP stocks up to the next vintage as other merchants continue to offer leftovers of the previous EP campaign - see here under the EP tab: https://www.justerinis.com/fine-wines/ or here https://www.bbr.com/offer/burgundy-2019-en-primeur

2 Likes