We wanted to offer our wonderful Community a preview of just some of the exciting new features to expect, as your ongoing feedback has been very helpful and shows how much you care about what the new website will bring!
Our objective has been to design a new site that will continue to deliver on our members’ expectations while improving your experience.
We used data and research (including plenty of your feedback!) to drive decisions of areas we can improve and smartened up the look of the site.
Here’s a couple of screen shots to give you a flavour of what to expect:
Psst: anyone spotted our Community link now appears at the top of the navigation? Just one of your suggestions! So I think we can expect to have lots more members finding us more easily and joining in here.
Member (and non-member) feedback informed us that our navigation could be improved, so based on feedback we rethought the main navigation and grouped the browse and buy categories under the singe Buy Wine navigation item.
(You’ll probably need to click the above image so you can zoom a little, but it gives an idea of the information that will be available on our product pages)
We’ll be communicating in much more detail soon, but here’s just a taster of a few new features that will improve your experience on our site:
- The ability to sort product lists by ‘new wines’ so you can see the most recently added products.
- The product page will now include multiple images, including the back label, which you can zoom in to read in detail (see screenshot above)
- Product pages will also label wines that are new, on offer or low in stock (one of the most popular suggestions here on the Community!)
- Simpler checkout - now you can buy wine, withdraw from Reserves, buy tasting tickets and order en primeur all in one transaction
- New members can now join and order wine all in one go.
- Accessibility best practice, including compatibility with screen readers, and video transcripts
- It’ll be even easier to navigate and use the site on a mobile
Lots more on this soon!
Of course, the new site development also includes some features that we’re planning on adding at a later date, so we can continue to grow and evolve the new site to keep it up-to-date.
We’ll let you know more as we go along.
While I can’t give you a precise launch date just yet, it’s coming very soon indeed. You’re welcome to discuss it here in the meantime, and I’ll be adding to this as we go along with new information.
The mentors and a small group of Community users had a brief Zoom session today where we ran through the above in a bit more detail - this means we’ve got a great group of familiar faces who have a good knowledge of the new site, which I believe will really help keep you all better informed and give you a chance to hear some first impressions from your fellow members.
Once we’re live, I’m sure there’ll be tons of feedback and comments here - we welcome them all! Please keep website chat to this topic so we’ve got it all in one place.
To help things run smoothly, I’ll be collating feedback/queries from this chat weekly and sending it over to the website team, so you’ll get a weekly update with answers/responses rather than me replying to everything as we go along. That’ll help keep the info clear and avoid duplicate queries etc.
I’ll also be keeping the Senior Leadership Team informed so rest assured, your feedback and suggestions will be heard.