01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

POSTPONED #TWSTaste virtual tasting: first taste of two new Exhibition wines!

UPDATE: Due to the current situation, and as we’ve made the decision to suspend deliveries, this event will be postponed until our deliveries resume.

My sincere apologies for any disappointment this may cause - I’ll make sure to keep you all updated and we will go ahead with this event at a later date.

Hello everyone!

For the past two years we’ve held monthly virtual wine tastings here on The Community, and I’m so chuffed to have seen a dedicated crew (or ‘cru’?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) of you turning up as regulars to these events.

For those who haven’t attended before: at these virtual events, we usually taste two different wines side by side, chat about them and vote for our favourite. Here’s what happened at our last event, to give you an idea.

Thanks to coronavirus, many of our members aren’t able to attend many tastings or other social opportunities to drink wine together out and about - so I’m hoping #twstaste will be an opportunity for you to enjoy a friendly wine tasting from home. :slight_smile: Who knows, we may even see some new faces! If so: welcome.

POSTPONED TWSTaste: a first taste of two brand new Exhibition bottles

Our next event is quite exciting, because we’re launching two brand new wines in our Exhibition range - and you’re the first ones to hear about them!

The wines we’ll be trying are:

The Society’s Exhibition Rheingau Riesling 2018

The Society’s Exhibition Sonoma Pinot Noir

How do I take part?

If you’d like to join us, here’s what to do:

1. Order one bottle each of the above wines and make sure they’re delivered
  2. Chill or decant your bottles ready for the event (you can even plan to cook a dish or two to try alongside them, if you like! We like to discuss food matches. :smiley: )
  3. Log into the Community shortly before 8pm on XXX - you’ll find a topic called ‘LIVE #TWSTaste’ where the event takes place. We’ll guide you through the tasting from there - don’t be shy to share your thoughts on the wines! :smiley:

We hope you can join us! Who’s coming this time?

• I’ll be there!
  • I hope I can make it
  • I can’t make it this time

0 voters

4 Likes

Pre bank holiday tasting … Ideal

2 Likes

Look at the uncertainty…

I am perfectly okay with the TWS delivery man leaving it on our doorstep.

I actually really like the choice of wines even if own label.

5 Likes

The link for the Sonoma Pinot is now live (see above)… I’ve heard it’s a belter, so can’t wait to try it. :smiley:

4 Likes

Hurrah, wines now ordered - hopefully we’ll make this one, every other one we’ve planned on joining has been interrupted or cancelled due to work…fingers crossed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both sound like great choices for the Exhibition range. The geek in me would love to know more about the Kunstler wine and its specific origins. Hopefully more might be revealed on the night ?

2 Likes

Oh yes indeed! We’ll get as much info as we can to help introduce you to these two new wines. :smiley:

2 Likes

Order placed now, and hoping I’m actually alive to receive it on the 2nd of April. Looking forward to the tasting - both wines sound very promising! :+1: :grinning:

3 Likes

I think virtual wine tastings could now be weekly as we are all socially isolated

3 Likes

Excited to try both of these wines, and am ordering them now. Count me in (unless, y’know, something happens to prevent me attending)

1 Like

Very much looking forward to trying these new Exhibition wines! Pinot Noir and Riesling are two of my favourites!

2 Likes

Hoping to make this having missed out last time. Really interesting wine choices and especially like the idea of #twstaste offering the chance to get together and make an occasion of it in a pub / restaurant / wine bar free world!

1 Like

Have just ordered my wines to participate. First TWS Van availability 1 April with only two more slots until the 9th that aren’t 3rd party carriers. Get ordering people… :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper:

3 Likes

Yes, apologies, things have changed a bit since we launched this! Very good point, @danchaq. :+1:

Let’s see how many of us can get these bottles - closer to the time, if we have issues, we can always delay this tasting a bit to make sure everyone can take part, and focus on some of the other ideas for virtual tastings we’re hoping to try based on things you might already have at home!

1 Like

The virtual tasting usually clashes with my local offline, however those are cancelled for the time being so if I can source the bottles I’m in.

We are looking to move from physical offlines in Edinburgh to a virtual format but not as enjoyable given the lack of delicious food to complement the wine.

I am sure our local wine tasting club has met for the last time, so looking forward to more of these virtual tastings. These two wines look really exciting.

2 Likes

Happy to say I’ve got the two wines for delivery 31 March. It will be my first Community virtual tasting. I have not drunk much German Riesling, or US Pinot come to that. Does anyone have any food recommendations please, to pair with the wines (might be better to be more ‘nibbles’ than a full-on meal)?

2 Likes

Order placed with delivery on 7th April :+1::+1:

1 Like

Order placed. Delivery wed 8 April.
In by a whisker. And then the world ended :cry:

Can’t order now :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like