01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Pictures of original wooden cases

Some ‘interesting’ ideas here, depending on how handy you are with glue:

3 Likes

Such a lovely idea @PHarvey ! Love this :blush: :clap:

2 Likes

If the allocation algorithm reduces your request to only 3 bottles…you can at least still use the smaller box

27 Likes

You can glue them together in your desired shape and make trivets

This is just lovely!!! What a great idea :heart_eyes: :clap:

4 Likes

Omg ! I’ve just seen this !! WOW :star_struck:!! I wish I was so creative ! That’s amazing , well done :clap:!

I just withdrew cases of 2015 and 2016 Ch Batailley from reserves,

I’m not a fan of wooden cases - OK I seriously dislike them. I wonder why those who are complaining about heavy bottles aren’t making a fuss about these heavy and unnecessary containers.

8 Likes

Happy to take the case (including contents) if you like…

1 Like

Nice try, @Nfrost00 but it’s the contents I want. The lousy boxes I levered open with a screwdriver and small hammer, then used a large hammer to disassemble the boxes in order to go into non-recyclable waste.

If you want the constituent parts -perhaps to reassemble - you’re welcome to them.

1 Like

Must admit to being a sucker for a wooden case which is odd as I normally take a quick dislike to what I see as silly marketing efforts eg heavy bottles, embossed labels, wax closures.

So I was doubly pleased to see my delivery of a mixed case of 3 cuvées of 2017 Domaine de La Noblaie arrive in a wooden case and to see @Embee’s positive write up of the 2016 Pierre de Tuf on the weekend thread.

12 Likes

As seen at a reclamation yard.

9 Likes

At those prices, I’d expect there to still be some wine in those boxes!

10 Likes

New OWC in the house today :heart_eyes:

19 Likes

I have quite a few vintages of this under the radar wine. Great case!

2 Likes

Under the radar is the right word, very rarely seen in the wild. I’ve still got a couple of bottles of the 2003 waiting for the right occasion - have been drinking well for ten years and still seem young.

I also took a chance on a case of the 2002 recently, of course a very different and generally poor vintage in bordeaux, and although I’m sure they would have been better a few years ago they’re still very pleasant to drink with a lovely nose.

2 Likes

Someone needs to have a word with whoever put that bright orange sticker on the lid

1 Like

Agree they are a bit obtrusive! Better than DHL losing them I suppose!

I’m might crack one open this weekend in the name of science I don’t mind infanticide when I have 6 or more of something.

2 Likes