01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Pictures of original wooden cases

I broke one up to use as BBQ kindling and the blasted stuff didn’t burn, I expect EU rules state it has to be fire retardant like the euro pallets are.

1 Like

Brilliant album. Frank at his funniest, along with some blinding guitar work, especially on moving to Montana.

1 Like

I visited Domaine de la Noblaie in 2011, I’ve got a pic of the cellar but not of the limestone vat, sorry.

I brought home a bottle of Pierre de Tuf , but drank it long ago…

Now I’ve just added to my next order, yet again!

3 Likes

Yes, but only a single bottle of the 2014 back in July 2019. It was a lot more structured and ageworthy than the pop and pour ‘le Temps des Cerises’ cuvee that TWS regularly list. As were the other two wines in the case ‘les Blancs Manteaux’ and the wonderfully named ‘les Chiens Chiens’. All three were excellent quality and VFM.

I believe 2016 is an even better vintage for Loire reds so it might be worth decanting an hour in advance, before trying, to allow it to open up and unwind.

Looking forward to hearing what you and Mr Inbar make of it, should you try it anytime soon, as I ordered a couple of bottles too :smiley:

@Brocklehurstj, thanks for the pic of the lo-tech vat, great stuff !

3 Likes

Oh, that’s what it is. I thought it was one of those uncivilised French toilets.

1 Like

Well, you would have a great view of the tasting room from up there…

1 Like

like most folk, mine have served their time as boxes to put things in under the work bench in my shed, but two have a special role as the ideal height to place my shredder on so the shreddings collect directly into my bucket.

5 Likes

I use two of mine as indoor recycling boxes which when full get emptied into the council ones outside. The one for plastic, tin and glass (gets a lot of use in this house…) is a 1997 Cos D’Estournel!

2 Likes