01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Oz Clarke - Desert island wines

Just in case no one ever looks at TWS’ social media accounts, there is an Instagram Live this Tuesday at 6pm. Wouldn’t want anyone to miss out :wink:

13 Likes

@laura will this be available as a recording please? I’ll sadly be missing it, but I don’t want to miss out! Love that guy!

3 Likes

Hi!

We’re planning on saving the recording to our Stories so you can watch it for 24 hours after the broadcast - we’re also hoping to save it to our IGTV if possible. :smiley:

There’s another one coming up with Tim Atkin too! :eyes: On 16th June at 6pm. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thank you @laura, such a fab idea!

2 Likes

Today, mindful of the #BlackoutTuesday movement on social media, we chose to suspend some planned activity. We have postponed the Oz Clarke Instagram Live by 24 hours. We’re sorry for any inconvenience. We hope you can join us at 6pm on Wednesday 3rd June.

9 Likes

I am new to Instagram and am on the society page how do I view this?

1 Like

Look on the stories line at the top of Instagram and there should be the logo with ‘live’ across the bottom. Click that.

1 Like

Thanks very much. I think my issue was I needed to view with the app rather than a browser. Oz was magnificent as usual (even though I missed the first half)

3 Likes

Such a marvellous and enthusiastic man :wine_glass::champagne::clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

My god !! That was intense, ive just done an hour with @annaspooner and Antech and also had Oz and @PierreM on instagram… whilst feeding the kids… multitasking at its finest!! They were both fabulous!!

6 Likes

That was an enjoyable event.

Was a little concerned that Oz was not going to make it at the start. Pierre was beginning to look mightily worried at the thought of ad libbing for an hour!

4 Likes

@PierreM face :rofl::rofl: worrying about Oz turning up :wink:!

3 Likes

So glad you enjoyed it, and very impressed at the multitasking! I’m excited to watch Oz this evening :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi guys!

No idea if this will work, :grimacing: but here’s the link to the Live recording on IGTV:

It’s a memorable hour and certainly worth catching up on if you missed it - no one tells a story quite like Oz!

7 Likes

Great event. Congrats to all involved. :clap:

3 Likes

Nearly finished the recording. Thought Pierre looked a little doubtful when Oz whipped out a 13 year old bottle of The Society’s champagne. Fantastic so far, looking forward to seeing this last wine.

Brilliant idea to arrange, thanks TWS

3 Likes

Can I just add another thumbs up for Francoise at Antech…

I don’t wish to disparage Oz, I’ve been to see him before and he can tell a tale very well, but it was delightful thet TWS can give a voice to a producer who probably exists on the edge of most peoples focus with wine. Very informative hour of my life.

4 Likes

Great event and glad that you found Oz. Great story telling and passion.

1 Like

This was great - love his passion for all the good things about wine

1 Like

So pleased that you’re enjoying the Winemaker Zooms! It’s a privilege to work with so many amazing growers (like you say - big, small; well-known, less known) and we’ve loved bringing them all to you.

If anyone would like to be involved in future winemaker Zooms, they programme is available here. And there are going to be LOTS more added for Wine Champions so keep your eyes peeled.

2 Likes