01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Orange wine?

Are there any orange wines available for sale on the site?

#TWS Taste [29th March]: Off The Beaten Track

Good question. There was a discussion recently that mentioned one or two on the list that might be suitable, though at this stage there is no specific ‘orange wine’ category

What inspired you to ask the question? Are you an existing fan or do you just want to explore?

Here’s the thread that might interest you in either case:

Existing fan, and think would make a good Christmas present. From the thread looks like only one that is one-third “orange”. Something to push for more variety of?

I think there are a few of us who would agree with you. Do you have any favourites (either regions or producers) you could share with us?

Had you heard about Simon’s book as well? I’m very excited about it as the world needs a much better understanding of these wines.

Looks like there might be a new Orange wine producer on the scene but with a familiar face

Bodegas Gallardo in Vejer de la Frontera sells excellent orange wine. Along with other sherry style wines.

I have also tasted in Sevilla wine made from Mandarin, although ai forget the name.

Many restaurants offer a comp glass of vino de naranja with the bill. An endearing gesture.

Ha, … well there is ‘Orange Wine’ and there’s ‘ORANGE wine’

I can’t say I’ve actually ever tried a wine made with actual oranges like this - quite happy for the maceration to stick to grape skins (personally)

What is it like?