01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Open for orders, with some changes

Hi everyone!

I bring some good news to start your Saturday. You’ll all be receiving an email with this information over the course of the day (we’re sending the emails steadily in randomly chosen batches to avoid crashing the website) - I just wanted to post the message here to avoid confusion, as I’m sure you’ll notice this sooner than most!

[Just in case anyone has missed our previous communications and wants to know how we’ve made the warehouse safer, there’s lots of info in this topic]

Here you go:

Thank you again for your patience and understanding during the past few weeks. We have good news: having made a number of significant and vital changes to our warehouse operation to ensure the safety of our teams, we are able to begin accepting orders for delivery again.

It is important to stress that this is a reduced service and we expect demand to be high. For the most up-to-date information, please do visit our FAQs page .

• Wines are available to order in full unmixed cases: depending on how these were packed at source, they will either be in 12-bottle or six-bottle cases, as indicated on our website. Some wines will sell out quickly; in the event of this, you’ll see a list of recommended alternatives on the wines’ individual web pages.
  • Members’ Reserves withdrawals are open again for full cases as they were originally stored with us (including pre-mixed cases and cases of individual wines).
  • Please place your order online rather than by phone. If you haven’t ordered online before, it’s easy to do so: you’ll just need your share number and the email address you provided most recently to us.

Delivery: please be patient and expect some disruption as we get things back up and running. We will be delivering within the UK only at this stage and both Stevenage collection and Click & Collect services remain suspended. To simplify our service and make sure we can deliver as much and as quickly as we can during this period, all deliveries will be made via our carrier DHL, who have very sound social distancing measures in place.

It is also important that we ensure that all members are treated as fairly as possible. With this in mind, we reserve the right to reduce very large orders if necessary.

Please bear with us if you have a query: our team is working as quickly as possible to provide members with the help they need.

Thank you again for your support.

Liz Cerroti
Director of Sales & Experience

13 Likes

We are now back up & running with a limited service!! :grinning: :+1:

And true to my word:

1 case of 12 halves of the 2016 straight into reserves. Sorry Mitch!! :grinning: :wink:

10 Likes

Ha, I just did the same but 24 :smiley:

And a bin end rose for the summer. All set :innocent:

7 Likes

Thanks for this, guys! Now we’re live properly I’m going to move this to the ‘official’ topic :wink:

5 Likes

I’m assuming that where part of a case has already been withdrawn, that we can now withdraw the remainder of that case?

Any idea when mixed cases might be an option again? Appreciate it may be dictated by how demand goes next few days.

1 Like

Straight in for 6 more of the Thymiopoulos Jeunes Vignes before they all sell out!

And 6 of the Society’s Gruner Veltliner for the (hopefully) sunny weather ahead :sunglasses:

8 Likes

This is a good question, and the truth is I’m not immediately sure. Can you try to withdraw a remainder of a case and see if the website allows you to? Otherwise I can check with Member Services for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’re hoping soon! We need to do a bit more work on the website first - I’m as keen as you are (need a summer mix!) so as soon as this is possible I’ll let you know. :smiley:

4 Likes

It seems to do so. I had been intending to take some out of reserves before my annual storage invoice in May. Have submitted a request to withdraw 6 cases including two part cases which seems to have worked ok.

2 Likes

This is incredibly useful to know - thank you! I’m really glad this is possible. :slight_smile:

Which one ??Im looking at the rose right now and trying to decide :sweat_smile:

Ha ha! I will wait until they turn up! It’s DHL not Fedex so I’m a bit more hopeful. Be even better when the little red WS van is back again though.

1 Like

The Mascalanes (sp?) - £12 off a case. It was one of my faves last summer - normally I like to do a mixed case every year and try a few new ones but just thought I’d make it easy this time!

2 Likes

Thanks Tom, I didn’t try that last year ill pop case in reserves too. I’ve just put another case of xinomavro in too. I bet the site is going crazy today haha

5 Likes

I know most roses should be fresher but I think it will be OK. My notes from last year say ‘almost perfect’ so happy with that :grin:

1 Like

I had 6 cases delivered this week from reserves and normally would have used a society van. To be fair to DHL they were very good. A txt in the morning to advise a time window and then a tracker to see where the driver was on his route. Delivery completed by a very nice and courteous driver who waited for me check all was in correct.

5 Likes

Is there an estimate as to when the backlog of pre-shutdown orders will be all delivered? And do I remember reading that I would receive a notification email the day before the delivery was scheduled?

Just want to say that the Society and DHL are amazing!

I know DHL get lots of stick but the driver was friendly, kept his distance, ask how everyone was and we both wish each other a safe weekend.

As for the society staff, to return to the warehouse just so people can get more wine delivered is fantastic. Thank you.

14 Likes

Hi Robin, yes - within a week. We’re prioritising all pre-shutdown orders so they’ll be leaving our warehouse first. :slight_smile:

4 Likes