01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Online wine making/grape growing courses

I’ve already run out of courses on drinking wine (unless I spent the guzzilion pounds on the WSET Diploma and on to MW), and was wondering if anyone had an suggestions on either wine making or grape growing courses I could do to feed my nerd knowledge even more during lockdown, particularly ones I can start reasonably sharpish while I’m supposed to be working at home…

I was (hopefully still am) considering a Plumpton College residential course later on this year.

1 Like

Wise in the this current climate ! I’m not one to openly criticise but WSET have been horrendous in all of this and are the most disorganised organisation I have come across . They seems to be oblivious to the situations my Diploma colleagues have faced in the past few weeks and are STILL suggesting classroom dates will go ahead this side of June .
I won’t go on but the general consensus of my diploma class has been of utter disbelief and shock at their lack of communication and clarification through not just covid-19 but in general . Sorry rant over :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I have a few friends in similar situations! I very nearly signed up myself this year (but opted to buy a house instead! That’s also now on hold too, surprisingly!).

Wine Scholar Guild on the other hand have given everyone a lot more access to their online materials than usual and are scheduling extra online courses. I may do one of the masters level french ones if I can’t find something on winemaking/grape growing.

1 Like

Wise decision, wine scholars guild are really good . I did my French wine scholar online with them and the access to additional lectures was fantastic ! I would highly recommend them :+1:.

Agreed. I’ve already got Italian and Spanish (and was half way through French, which I may see if I can finish online) already, hence the debating their masters level stuff.

1 Like

To answer my own question, I am going to give this course a go. No idea what level it is but it’s free and starts today.