It’s time for another monthly update to help you find all the top content and upcoming events and news all in one place.
Firstly, are you new here?
Events this month
Fancy organising your own virtual tasting here on the Community? Why not start a new topic and see if any of your fellow members would like to join you?
On Friday 16th October, there’s an exciting whisky release. Lots of you volunteered to be the first to try the new whisky, and the name drawn out of the hat was @Brenda. Look out for a review from Brenda shortly after the new whisky is announced!
Could there be another exciting wine release later this month? Wait and see…
Top recent discussions to join in with…
- If you had £170 to spend on wine, what would you choose? Some excellent responses to this question already (thanks, @peterm!)
- Brandy fans - we need recommendations! @strawpig has discovered an expensive new hobby, so help him out with your brandy suggestions.
- Fine Wine Champions - as ever, this Community was the first to spot our latest offer, and there’s already some great chat and top tips… (thanks, @Brocklehurstj!)
- Inexpensive peaty/smoky scotch - can you help @kieran_h and others find a new whisky?
- Mystery cases are back and you’re already sharing the contents of your deliveries and comparing notes! There’s been lots of fun chat on this topic over the last months - thanks @NicolaR for reviving this topic.
- En Primeur chat - as ever, this private group is alive and kicking with great discussions about the latest en primeur offers. If you’d like to join this group, click here, click Join in the top right, and head here for the latest discussions.
Community New User of the Month
Tasting note of the month
And finally, for a bit of fun, I’ve picked a particularly good tasting note (not an easy task, as there’s so many joyously good ones from you all!). September’s top note had to be the long-awaited first review of Bin #006 - thanks (and congrats!) @Joewlmansfield for ending the suspense!
Is there anything else you think we should cover in these monthly updates? Let us know!