01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Norwich group

No probs! Happy with Last but will be interesting to hear what Farmyard say. I’ve not been to the wine cellar for a LONG time but that’s a bargain price too.

There’s far more than 4 people from Norwich on here though, come on everyone :slight_smile:

With regards to wine, I don’t think we need any theme or price cap (I’m very happy to drink your 1982 Lafite but can’t reciprocate I’m afraid!).

Shall we say we’ll bring bubbles, white, red, sticky? Or something else instead of dessert wine if that’s the group preference? Any preferences on what you want to bring?

2 Likes

I will be solo as well. I am sure if push comes to shove The Last can expand the table.
I am happy to bring red or white or fizzy. Totally out of sweet and rosé, save for some 30 year old Pachernc de vic Bilh.

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay in coming on to this chat. It’s Exam Board time at UEA so very busy all round.

We are definitely in - there will be two of us if the table booking can be extended to fit? It’s time to out myself as Mrs John Doe. I have been posting sparodically for a couple of years under my husband’s username - he set it up as the TWS account is in his name, but I am the only one who has ever posted on it. So he and I will both be there.

Good to see lots of NR2 people in the thread, we are just off Unthank too on Mount Pleasant, so we will all be able to stumble home!

2 Likes

That’s great!

Last’s have confirmed that they can do a table of 6.

Now we’ll have a proper amount of wine as well!

So maybe 1 or 2 sparkling, 1 or 2 whites or a rose, 2 reds, and 1 dessert?

3 Likes

Great! Thanks @tongyang272 . We are happy to bring whatever is missing when people make their selections. I do have a few dessert wines in the cellar, if any of these take your fancy. Some from a random dessert wine box purchased at auction.

2014 De Bortoli Noble One Botrytis Sémillon

2017 Château Guiraud Sauternes Sémillon-Sauvignon Blanc Blend

2017 Heggies Vineyard Riesling Botrytis
Eden Valley 1

2002 La Chapelle de Lafaurie-Peyraguey Sauternes Sémillon-Sauvignon Blanc Blend
(way past it I suspect)

2006 Dr. Loosen Riesling Beerenauslese (187ml)

I am happy to bring a white and a red.
Thanks for organising. Your initiative much appreciated.

1 Like

I would be happy to join x 1. Is this too late ?

Not at all, I’ve counted you in for 6. I’ll also be attending alone as my other half has other plans.

Once the restrictions are all definitively gone, hopefully we can arrange another evening and a big table with partners, friends, and anyone else interested!

Ok cheers. Probably best I bring a red, or 2 reds, seeing as the commute will invalidate any attempts at bringing anything best chilled ?

I’ll bring a bottle and a backup of bubbly I think! I’m also very happy to bring white if we’re lacking.

@John_Doe Decent Sauternes is pretty immortal and I’m curious about that 2002 2nd wine, I reckon it’s likely to be pretty decent!

Just to echo the thanks to @tongyang272 for organising! Looking forward to it. I haven’t decided what I’m bringing yet, you’re all too far ahead of me.

I appreciate I’m late for this but I would like to be involved in any future events in Norwich.

2 Likes

You are very much welcome to join us on the 31st if you wish?

The restaurant have confirmed that after the 19th they will allow tables of more than 6. My wife has also expressed and interest so let me know if you’re planning on coming on the 31st and I’ll see if I need to ask the restaurant for more seats.

1 Like

Looking at my cellar I am thinking of a white PYCM , either Rully 2017 or Santenay 1er cru 2016 and a Francois Lumpp 2017 Givry or 2013 Barthod Chambolle Musigny. Any preferences?

Inaugural Norwich TWS group meeting @ The Last Wine bar; St George’s. Good turn out.
A few spiffing wines were supped.
Good time had by all. Line-up :-
Pol Roger vintage brut 2008
Colin-Morey Santenay 1er Cru Clos Rousseau 2016
Musar blanc 2009
Tondonia rosado 2010
Meyer-Naekel (Ahr) Blauschiefer Pinot 2018
Ghislaine Barthould Chambolle-Musigny 2013
Iago’s Murani Qveveri-fermented amber Chinuri, Georgia, 2018
Rongzi, Shanxi (China), Bordeaux Blend 2013
La Chapelle de LaFaurie-Peyraguet, Sauternes 2002
Horst Sauer, Riesling Auslese, Franken 2009

When’s the replay ?

11 Likes

I have a sore head this morning. Great night!

Thanks again to @tongyang272 for organising.

2 Likes

Lovely evening, and also many thanks to Tong for organising.
I am happy to sort next one.

1 Like

Interesting lineup!