01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

North London group

Mind you, I’m also considering organising a Cambridge one - that you’d all be welcome at!

I’d be happy to join!

Sorry, been busy outside TWS. Happy organize. Let’s start with some suggestions for a place for this take place. I will collect a few then we can do a poll. Then I will find out availability of dates.

1 Like

At the risk of suggesting somewhere selfishly close to home, there’s the Crouch End Cellars:

Very good range of cheese and charcuterie, super laidback, little courtyard out the back which I suspect they’d let us take over if we were a decent sized group. And a very good wine selection.

Jim

2 Likes

Do they do corkage? I am on board with Crouch End as a venue, but it’s more fun if we can nerd it up and bring a bottle

3 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation. In the past, when we have done this in the past, each participant would bring one or more bottles of wine from their private collection to discuss with the group, so might be worth checking if they can charge us a corkage fee and provide glasses.

2 Likes

Happy to investigate - if there are no violent objections to Crouch End.

Who else would be interested, so I have a rough idea of numbers?

Jim

1 Like

I have no objections.

1 Like

Once I have had my second jab in July I’d happily come out.

1 Like

I would be interested :slight_smile:

1 Like

The ideal number for something like this lies between 6 and 10, in my experience. We might be nearing the lower boundary for this already.

2 Likes

I’m in

2 Likes

I would depending whether I am in London that week for work

2 Likes

Quite often it’s the restaurants with the best wine lists that seem strangely open to the idea. Maybe it’s because they have a sommelier who “understands” us :wink:
Organise it and they will come.
TBH, even it it just ends up as 3 or 4, it’s not a problem. Some of my most enjoyable offlines have been with a very few people. Gets a bit weird if just two, but I’m sure that wouldn’t happen!

5 Likes

I live in crouch end and would happily join!

2 Likes

I live in Bounds Green and would happily join, too.

1 Like

Thanks all. A quick update, Crouch End Cellars sound interested but have been a bit vague about terms, corkage etc so far. I’ll try to confirm details over the next few days.

I’ve suggested one evening in week of 19 July currently. Although a group larger than 6 could legally meet in the garden before then, I guess some people may feel more comfortable waiting till restrictions are relaxed, and if the weather is rubbish it would be good to have an indoor option available.

I’ll let you all know when I know more.

Jim

3 Likes

Of course 2 tables of 6 would be OK, or 2 of 4, etc. How much space do they have?

1 Like

Edited: sorry away from London that week but up for future ones