01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

New #TWSTaste Virtual Wine Tasting: Two new summer rosés! Thursday 20th May, 8-9pm

Hello everyone :smiley:

We’re pleased to announce our next virtual taste-along for your diaries:

#TWSTaste: Two new summer rosés! Thursday 20th May, 8-9pm

To celebrate the start of rosé season and our new summer range, we’ve chosen two new rosés and we wanted to take this opportunity to try them together!

The rosés we’ll be trying are:

1. Casa Ermelinda Freitas Vinha do Torrao Rose VR Setubal 2020

2. Kedros Liatiko Rosé, Lyrarakis 2020

How do I take part?

If you’d like to join us, here’s what to do:

1. Order one bottle each of the above wines and make sure they’re delivered by Thursday 20th May.
  2. Reply to this topic letting us know if you’re attending - feel free to post a picture of your bottles, we love seeing all your photos!
  3. Chill your bottles ready for the event - and if you like, prepare a special meal to serve alongside them.
  4. Log into the Community shortly before 8pm on Thursday 20th May - you’ll find a topic called LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste: Two new summer rosés! where the event will take place. Feel free to begin chatting to your fellow members on the topic before we start!
  5. We’ll guide you through the tasting from there - it’s all done in written format (you can share photos too!) so don’t be shy to share your thoughts on the wines!

If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting, have a read of our guide ‘How To’ - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events’

Who’s joining us?

• I’ll be there!
  • I’m hoping to join.
  • I can’t make it this time.

0 voters

We hope to see as many of you here as possible, to try these new wines together! :smiley:

Is there a prize if we guess correctly?

1 Like

It’s going to be a rosé version of the Xinomavro Jeunes Vignes…

Close the competition now :sunglasses:

3 Likes

A big thumbs up and lots of clapping emojis? :joy:

5 Likes

Adventure, excitement, a Jedi craves not these things …

4 Likes

Please PLEASE tell me it’s The new vintage of Thymiopoulos Rosé Xinomavro? :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’d take that, but I reckon two posters above may have already worked it out…

2 Likes

Oh, I won’t be buying any of that; my iron resistance is infallible.*

*NB this sentence contains lies.

6 Likes

I had a great time on the alpine whites so looking forward to this too…even though I have to say rose isn’t normally my wine of choice (except on the two days of summer we get in the north east). I stand to be completely corrected…

3 Likes

I’ve been having some dreadful autocorrect typos recently and it appears to have struck you too. Bit bizarre to change to iron from supermarket value (see through) aluminium foil

3 Likes

Is it the Tempier Bandol Rose?

2 Likes

Bin 009?

3 Likes

How do I order a bottle of wine of “TBA”?

1 Like

You can’t yet, but it will go on sale with enough time to spare to get an order in.

If you want to order something now, set the delivery date for mid May (before the 20th), then you can add the mystery tbc (Xinomavro?) rosé to this order once it is on sale.

You see, the problem with information like this is I now can’t unsee it, and so will be front loading orders all over the place :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I think the mystery second wine might be delayed a bit (we’ll let you know what it was supposed to be ASAP!), but I’m working on finding an alternative which I’m hoping to announce later today so you can get your orders in! :smiley:

2 Likes

Update:

So, although it’s not the original rosé we planned to feature in this tasting (as that’s been delayed by a couple of weeks) I’ve updated the event details above with this as our second rosé and I hope you’ll be just as excited to try it! :

A few of you mentioned the fantastic Greek Thymiopoulos rosé, and while that’s not available at the moment, this is an exciting new Greek rosé from Crete, and from a different producer to the Kompsos wines from Crete we enjoyed so much in our January tasting.

How does that sound?! :smiley:

9 Likes

I’m in! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::+1:

3 Likes