01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

NEW #TWSTaste Virtual Wine Tasting: Two curious new wines from South Africa! Thursday 18th March, 8-9pm

Hello everyone :smiley:

We’re pleased to announce our next virtual taste-along for your diaries:

#TWSTaste: Two curious new wines from South Africa! Thursday 18th March, 8-9pm

We’ve added two new wines to our South Africa range which are going to be featured in our forthcoming 1874 magazine, and we thought this would be a brilliant opportunity for us to try these, rather curious, additions together!

The NEW wines we’ll be trying are:

Diemersdal Estate Grüner Veltliner, Cape Town 2019

Withington Malbec, Darling 2019

How do I take part?

If you’d like to join us, here’s what to do:

1. Order one bottle each of the above wines and make sure they’re delivered by Thursday 18th March.
  2. Reply to this topic letting us know if you’re attending - feel free to post a picture of your bottles, we love seeing all your photos!
  3. Chill or decant your bottles ready for the event - and if you like, prepare a special meal to serve alongside them.
  4. Log into the Community shortly before 8pm on Thursday 18th March - you’ll find a topic called LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste: Two curious new wines from South Africa! where the event will take place. Feel free to begin chatting to your fellow members on the topic before we start!
  5. We’ll guide you through the tasting from there - it’s all done in written format (you can share photos too!) so don’t be shy to share your thoughts on the wines!

If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting, have a read of our guide ‘How To’ - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events’

Who’s joining us?

• I’ll be there!
  • I’m hoping to join.
  • I can’t make it this time.

0 voters

We’re really looking forward to trying these new wines to our range, and to seeing as many of you here as possible! :smiley:

3 Likes

Just bumping this for anyone who didn’t see it last Friday! :smiley: Can’t wait to try both of these.

Thanks Laura, I’d missed this. Members’ services have kindly added a couple of bottles of these two to my order arriving on Friday.

1 Like

Hooray! See you there. :smiley:

1 Like

Final call for this event! Should be just enough time to get the wines delivered if you’d like to join us. :smiley:

Ours arrived this morning - looking forward to it!

4 Likes

Like the look of these. Just placed an order (plus a couple of other bits to make the short drive to Stevenage even more worthwhile) for pick up Wednesday :blush:

5 Likes

The topic for tonight’s tasting is now live!

Please head over to the new topic and we’ll see you at 8pm for the tasting. :slight_smile: