01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

NEW #TWSTaste Virtual Wine Tasting: Supporting Lebanon, Thursday 10th September, 8-9pm

Hello Community!

We’d like to get our next virtual tasting in your diaries:

New #TWSTaste virtual wine tasting: Supporting Lebanon, Thursday 10th September, 8pm-9pm

We’d like to use this #TWSTaste as a celebration of Lebanese wine, at a time where the support is very much needed. We really wanted an opportunity for you to either purchase some Lebanese wine for the occasion, or to open any bottle you already have at home to celebrate Lebanese wine with us! Between us, we’ll be trying to taste as many different Lebanese wines as possible, and if you’re a fan of Musar, we could even aim for a Musar vertical tasting! Anything is welcome and we’d love for you to join us.

If you haven’t got any Lebanese wines and want to open something else and taste along, that’s fine too. Bring along a bottle and join in anyway - hopefully you’ll find something to add to your ‘must try’ list!

If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting, have a read of our guide ‘How To’ - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events’

Lebanese wine

If you are new to Lebanese wine, you might find it interesting to read this piece on Chateau Musar, ‘Chateau Musar: 90 Years Of Excellence From The Iconic Lebanese Estate’, written by our Director of Wine and Buyer for Lebanon Pierre Mansour:

Here’s how to take part:

1. Have a look to see if you have any Lebanese wines at home. If you don’t, you should have time to order some! :slight_smile:
  2. Reply to this topic saying what Lebanese wine you’ve got - and if you’ve got more than one option, please do share notes with your fellow members here and get advice about which bottle to open (feel free to open more than one if you like…). You could also get some serving suggestions/food matches lined up.
  3. Log in to the Community just before 8pm on Thursday 10th September - there’ll be a topic called ‘LIVE #TWSTaste: Supporting Lebanon’ where we’ll host the live event. We’ll all say which bottles we’re opening/share photos of the bottles, and then we’ll taste along together and compare notes, just like we do for a normal #TWSTaste event.

Who’s joining us?

• I’ll be there!
  • I haven’t got any Lebanese wine but I’ll join in anyway.

0 voters

We’re really excited about this event - we hope to see you there! :smiley:

3 Likes

I wonder what the oldest vintage of Musar we might get to this is… :smile:

5 Likes

Eh akid! :lebanon:

Not sure what to open though … I’ve got '03 and '06 Musar, or a 2013 Domaine des Tourelles Marquis des Beys, or a 2009 Ksara which is probably past its best :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m really hoping to make it… Our Brighton & Hove Tasting group might actually meet that evening - first time since lockdown, but if we don’t, then I’ll definitely be raising a glass of Lebanese wine with ya all…! :wine_glass:

5 Likes

I’ll try and attend but I may be out around that date. I have rather fallen in love with Lebanon, especially Musar. I certainly have plenty to choose from:

Château Ksara '15
Chateau Ksara Cabernet Sauvignon '13
Château Ksara Le Souveraine '12
Hochar '16, '17
Massaya Gold Reserve '10
Sendiäna Rouge '14
Chateau Musar every year from '97 to '13 except '98 and '06

I do wonder whether that '97 should be drunk soon?

9 Likes

Maybe in the next couple of weeks…?

3 Likes

Maybe… :smiley: :rofl:

1 Like

Last time I did a vertical tasting of Musar, I ended up horizontal! But it was fun.

11 Likes

Hey there. Am a newbie to this but excited to join. I have a 2012 Chateau Musar to open up.

Greg

9 Likes

Welcome to the community Greg! I’m looking forward to this tasting too. Is Chateau Musar a favourite wine of yours? We’d love to hear about what you enjoy about wine and hope you find the community engaging.

3 Likes

Found we have a bottle of 2014 Domaine des Tourelles Rouge and we have just managed to get a 2001 Chateau Musar from our local Waitrose.

5 Likes

I’m in … I’m cooking for guests that evening and I’ve got a bottle of Chateau Ksara Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 which I’ve been looking for an excuse to try. Any suggestions for what I should cook?

5 Likes

I’ve got a 2005 Musar. This could end up as a Musar vertical tasting… :smile:

4 Likes

I have my eye on a Vieilles Vignes Cinsaut for the tasting… if I can order one in in time that is.

1 Like

I’ve got one bottle of 1995 Musar left. Seems like a good opportunity…

7 Likes

Wonderful stuff! Def got some Lebanese fine wines in the cellar. Will have a look and report back. Think I’m going for something a bit different to the usual CMs…:wink:

3 Likes

We have the Support the Lebanon case and have tasted two of the wines (the Hochar we already know and thought we would open on Thursday). We have quite a range of Chateau Musar from 2000 to 2009 with 2005 still our current favourite (we have a case still in TWS, waiting for the right occasion…). A few years ago we hosted a Musar tasting in North Yorkshire when Jane Sowter came up to see us, and we should have had another visit this year but COVID prevented that. Yes, we love Lebanese wines!

2 Likes

PS Just found a 1995 Hochar. Any guesses on what to expect?

3 Likes