This is very exciting - for a few months, our #TWSTaste events have relied on what you already have at home, and we’ve all tasted something different. This time, however, we’re going to taste two brand new wines together!
We recently released two new Exhibition wines - if you’d like to take part in this event, simply order them and make sure they’re delivered before 4th June. (That’s we’re advertising this event a little earlier than normal!)
New #TWSTaste Virtual Wine Tasting: First Taste of Two New Exhibition Wines, Thursday 4th June, [just after] 8pm-9pm
Some of you will remember that we announced this event a little while ago and were forced to postpone - well we are extremely pleased to be able to go ahead with it now!
We’re launching two brand new wines in our Exhibition range and we want to use this opportunity to taste them side by side!
The wines we’ll be trying are:
The Society’s Exhibition Rheingau Riesling 2018
The Society’s Exhibition Sonoma Pinot Noir
How do I take part?
If you’d like to join us, here’s what to do:
- Order one bottle each of the above wines and make sure they’re delivered (you can now order your own mixed cases from our website for delivery) by Thursday 4th June
- Reply to this topic once you have your wines ready - feel free to post a picture of your bottle, we love seeing all your photos!
- Chill or decant your bottles ready for the event (you can even plan to cook a dish or two to try alongside them, if you like! We like to discuss food matches )
- Log into the Community shortly before 8pm on Thursday 4th June - you’ll find a topic called ‘ LIVE #TWSTaste First Taste of Two New Exhibition Wines ’ where the event will take place. We’ll guide you through the tasting from there - don’t be shy to share your thoughts on the wines!
If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting, have a read of our guide ‘How To’ - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events’
Some other exciting news - on the same date as this tasting, our USA buyer @Sarah will also be live on The Wine Society’s Instagram to chat to Claudia Schuetz, the winemaker for the new Society’s Exhibition Sonoma Pinot Noir!
Tune into @thewinesociety1874’s Instagram story to on 4th June at 5:30pm to listen to their discussion, and then come along to this tasting to try the wine yourself!
A NOTE FROM SARAH:
"The family estate was set up by Claudia’s father ,Walter Schug, whose family in Germany had also made wine. In California, he was well known as a great winemaker and 30 years ago, after working for Phelps, he set up his own winery to Cilicia on Pinot in the cooler coastal region of Sonoma.
Sadly, he passed away a few years ago, but his daughter Claudia and her brother Axel are both now involved in the business.
The Exhibition Pinot we have selected is an exclusive blend for us that we worked on from a great vintage to start what we hope will be a long partnership."
Who’s joining us?
- I’ll be there!
- I hope I can make it!
- I can’t make it this time.