01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

NEW: #TWSTaste Virtual Wine Tasting: English wines in 1874, Thursday 7th July, 8-9pm

Hello Community :smiley:

We’re delighted to announce our next virtual wine tasting for your diaries - and it’s a celebration of English wine and summer!

#TWSTaste Virtual Wine Tasting: English wines in 1874, Thursday 7th July, 8-9pm

We’ve chosen a white wine and a sparkling wine from England which are both featured in our new summer 1874 magazine, which we hope you will enjoy for some summer drinking.

The two wines we’ll be trying are:

1. Rathfinny Classic Cuvée, Sussex 2018

https://www.thewinesociety.com/product/rathfinny-classic-cuvee-2018-sussex

1. Stopham Estate Sussex Pinot Blanc 2021

https://www.thewinesociety.com/product/stopham-estate-pinot-blanc-2021

How do I take part?

If you’d like to join us, here’s what to do:

1. Order one bottle each of the above wines and make sure they’re delivered by Thursday 7th July.
  2. Reply to this topic letting us know if you’re attending - feel free to post a picture of your bottles, as we love seeing your photos!
  3. Open your bottles ready for the event - and if you like, prepare a special meal to serve alongside them.
  4. Log into the Community shortly before 8pm on Thursday 7th July - you’ll find a topic called LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste: English wines from 1874 where the event will take place in written format. Feel free to begin chatting to your fellow members on the topic before we start!
  5. We’ll guide you through the tasting from there - it’s all done in written format (you can share photos too!) so don’t be shy to share your thoughts on the wines!

If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting, have a read of our guide ‘How To’ - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events’

Who will be joining us?

• I’ll be there!
  • I’m hoping to join.
  • I can’t make it this time.

0 voters

We’re very excited to try these wines - we hope to see you there! :smiley:

1 Like

Can’t make it as I’m already tasting with TWS that date :yum:

4 Likes

Looking forward to trying both of these wines - I love Pinot Blanc and a low alcohol version would be good. Also, a very promising vintage of the Rathfinny which is a new ESW for me. Good write-up in Decanter, I believe. Let’s hope the day has some lovely warm, sunny weather to match!

1 Like

@VinoVeritas Glad to hear it! And yes, fingers crossed for some lovely weather!

Only just spotted this - 5 days late. Wines now ordered.

1 Like

Just ordered these wines - delighted to see a TWS taste again, and one pushing me to try new things.
I’d appreciate advice on how best to chill/whether to open straight from the fridge - particularly on the sparkling as really outside my comfort zone and the wine notes don’t have any advice.
Ta

2 Likes

I’ll also be missing this TWS Taste as i’ll be hosting this dinner (which i can’t wait for!).

Obviously very interested to hear your thoughts on the two wines being shown - if you have any specific questions about them then do ask me.

If of interest I did do a vitrual tasting with Rathfinny last week which can be watched on our YouTube channel. This will hopefully answer any Rathfinny questions you might have

3 Likes