01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

NEW #TWSTaste Virtual Wine Tasting: Drink Pink! Rosé, Thursday 18th June, just after 8-9pm

This has survived in my fridge for 2 weeks, it must be a sign. On Thursday, I will be opening

Not sure what it is, except pink. Hopefully I’ll have a bit more detail on Thursday

1 Like

Looks like a Whooping Crane to me. :grin:

I take your word for it.

Have googled the wine, it’s from Calabria, 50% Magliocco and 50% Nerello Cappuccio

Nothing of this shade in the racks, although I’ll definitely be about with a glass of something…!

But it’s got me thinking - maybe I should break the mould and buy a bit of pink wine this year…

2 Likes

Not tempted to DIY it by mixing some white and red? Or food colouring?

3 Likes

I am now :thinking:

2 Likes

Tonight I will be tasting, and intend enjoying this organic Tuscan Rosé

5 Likes

I found this Bandol rose in my wine rack. It has some bottle age but as a Bandol I think it will be fine.

3 Likes

We will open Bouvet Saumur Rose Brut this evening

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Midweek Drinking Thread [15 to 18 June 2020]

@Prufrock Thank you for the posting. I have 6 of these via a VCP and I now won’t open these for a good while yet.

I’m in exactly the same place. Really must think about buying some. Might take a look at the three in the 2020 wine champs. Seems like a good springboard!

1 Like

had :frowning:

It was great, but it is no more and the producer seems to have stopped making it too :frowning:

Not looking entirely ideal for Rosé. There again this is Manchester so could be worse. May opt for something more warming though.

2 Likes

Will stick to Rosé, even though the weather is similar in Wimbledon. Will be opening a 2017 Mavrose from T-Oinos.

5 Likes

It’s the same here (London). I was just looking out of the window thinking there was not another day this year when I fancied opening a rose less.

1 Like

For what it’s worth (often very little!) the Met office has sunny spells coming at least to London this afternoon. Actually it does seem to be brightening.

I’m curious though. There seems to be a general acceptance that rose wants sun. It seems much stronger than other seasonal associations. Why? Is it intrinsic to the wine, or just the result of what’s clearly been a very successful marketing campaign (interestingly it seems to have been successful both among wine lovers and the general public)?

5 Likes

I agree, it’s curious. Not sure why, but after (on?) a hot afternoon, a glass (bottle?) of chilled rose just seems to hit the spot.

It’s very sunny here but also raining - half in the mood for rosé and half for a hot chocolate…

The topic for tonight’s event is now live:

Please feel free to head over to the new topic and continue chatting about which bottles you’ll be opening. I hope the weather clears up a bit for some of you!

I’ll close this topic now to avoid any confusion - see you all later.