01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

NEW #TWSTaste Virtual Wine Tasting: Drink Pink! Rosé, Thursday 18th June, just after 8-9pm

Hello all!

Thank you very much to everyone who attended our Born In The USA virtual tasting event tonight!

It’s now time to get our next virtual tasting in the diary:

New #TWSTaste virtual wine tasting: Drink Pink! Rosé, Thursday 18th June, [just after] 8pm-9pm

Like our some of our previous tastings, we’re asking you to raid your wine rack to see what you’ve already got at home, and join together to taste along live next Thursday.

Between us, we’ll be trying to taste as many different rosés as possible!

It doesn’t matter if it’s a pinot noir rosé from New Zealand, an Italian sangiovese rosé or a garnacha rosé from Spain - anything that you want to open is welcome, as are you!

If you haven’t got any rosé wines and want to open something else and taste along, that’s fine too. Bring along a bottle and join in anyway - you might find some inspiration for different wines to put on your ‘must try’ list!

Rosé Wine Guide

If you’re new to rosé wines and would like to swot up before the tasting, have a read of our Ultimate Guide to Rosé Wine:

Here’s how to take part:

1. Have a look to see if you have any rosé wines at home. If you don’t, you can currently mix your own cases on our website for delivery, or your nearest indie wine merchant may be able to deliver if our delivery dates before next Thursday are full.
  2. Reply to this topic saying what rosé wine you’ve got - and if you’ve got more than one option, please do share notes with your fellow members here and get advice about which bottle to open (feel free to open more than one if you like…). You could also get some serving suggestions/food matches lined up.
  3. Log in to the Community just before 8pm on Thursday 18th June - there’ll be a topic called ‘LIVE #TWSTaste: Drink Pink! Rosé ’ where we’ll host the live event. We’ll all say which bottles we’re opening/share photos of the bottles, and then we’ll taste along together and compare notes, just like we do for a normal #TWSTaste event.

If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting, have a read of our guide ‘How To’ - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events’

Who’s joining us?

• I’ll be there!
  • I haven’t got any rosé wines but I’ll join anyway.

0 voters

We hope you can join us! If you can’t make it, we’re currently planning the following week’s tasting and we’ll let you all know the theme soon!

What I want to know is whether the Society’s pink buyer will be joining us.

Because anticipation adds to the fun, I’ve put aside a bottle of Tempier 2011 for Thursday.

3 Likes

Just bumping this - who else is joining us for a celebration of all things rosé on Thursday?

3 Likes

I will definitely be opening a Greek Rosé… yet to decide which of the Silphium or Mavrosé.

2 Likes

Sorry.

Only ever found three roses i liked… Tempier, Musar and Tondonia :smile:

I’d like to try the Carinena rose that the Society has, though.

2 Likes

This has survived in my fridge for 2 weeks, it must be a sign. On Thursday, I will be opening

Not sure what it is, except pink. Hopefully I’ll have a bit more detail on Thursday

1 Like

Looks like a Whooping Crane to me. :grin:

I take your word for it.

Have googled the wine, it’s from Calabria, 50% Magliocco and 50% Nerello Cappuccio

Nothing of this shade in the racks, although I’ll definitely be about with a glass of something…!

But it’s got me thinking - maybe I should break the mould and buy a bit of pink wine this year…

2 Likes

Not tempted to DIY it by mixing some white and red? Or food colouring?

3 Likes

I am now :thinking:

2 Likes

Tonight I will be tasting, and intend enjoying this organic Tuscan Rosé

5 Likes

I found this Bandol rose in my wine rack. It has some bottle age but as a Bandol I think it will be fine.

3 Likes

We will open Bouvet Saumur Rose Brut this evening

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Midweek Drinking Thread [15 to 18 June 2020]

@Prufrock Thank you for the posting. I have 6 of these via a VCP and I now won’t open these for a good while yet.

I’m in exactly the same place. Really must think about buying some. Might take a look at the three in the 2020 wine champs. Seems like a good springboard!

1 Like

had :frowning:

It was great, but it is no more and the producer seems to have stopped making it too :frowning: