01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

NEW #TWSTaste Virtual Wine Tasting: Bring A Bottle: Small Producers, Thursday 8th October, 8-9pm

Hello everyone!

It’s time to get our next virtual tasting in your diaries:

New #TWSTaste virtual wine tasting: Bring A Bottle: Small Producers, Thursday 8th October, 8pm-9pm

We’ll be using this #TWSTaste as an opportunity to celebrate your favourite small producers! You can either purchase some wine especially for the tasting, or open any bottle you already have at home to taste with us! Between us, we’ll be trying to explore as many different wines from small producers as possible - anything is welcome and we’d love for you to join us.

If you haven’t got any wines from a small producer and want to open something else and taste along, that’s fine too. Bring along a bottle and join in anyway - hopefully you’ll find something to add to your ‘must try’ list!

If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting, have a read of our guide ‘How To’ - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events’

Here’s how to take part:

1. Have a look to see what wines you have from a small producer at home. If you don’t, you should have time to order some! :slight_smile:
  2. Reply to this topic saying which wine you’ve got - and if you’ve got more than one option, please do share notes with your fellow members here and get advice about which bottle to open (feel free to open more than one if you like…). You could also get some serving suggestions/food matches lined up.
  3. Log in to the Community just before 8pm on Thursday 8th October - there’ll be a topic called ‘LIVE #TWSTaste: Bring A Bottle: Small Producers’ where we’ll host the live event. We’ll all say which bottles we’re opening/share photos of the bottles, and then we’ll taste along together and compare notes, just like we do for a normal #TWSTaste event.

Who’s joining us?

• I’ll be there!
  • I haven’t got any wine from a small producer, but I’ll join anyway.

0 voters

1 Like

We will be trying Welsh Wine. Regent from White Castle Vineyard
https://whitecastlevineyard.com/welsh-red-wine/ and Siegerrebe https://whitecastlevineyard.com/welsh-white-wine/

3 Likes

Who qualifies as a small producer? Is 18 ha okay or too much?

This is tricky.

I’m too lazy to do any research but don’t want to inflict a middle-class calamity on myself by accidentally opening something owned by Constellation.

Maybe Burgundy is a safe-ish bet. By global standards they’re all pretty dinky, although knowing my luck it’ll turn out that Rémi Rollin’s line manager is Gina Gallo.

6 Likes

Official limit is 17.7 Ha. Back to your rack it goes

6 Likes

I think Peter Wetzer works with 2 ha, so might have his Furmint.

4 Likes

Haha! I’m not going to be too prescriptive - whatever you class as ‘small’ is fine by me. :wink: At the end of the day, the fun part is drinking a glass of good wine together - the theme is more an excuse to do so! :grin:

2 Likes

Now on the shortlist, thanks.

Just giving this a little bump as there’s still time to join us. :smiley: Really looking forward to seeing what everyone will be drinking this Thurs!

4 Likes

Locking this now - as the Live topic is up and running ready for the tasting to begin at 8! See you all later!