01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

NEW #TWSTaste Virtual Wine Tasting: Bring A Bottle: Community Christmas Party, Thursday 3rd December, 8-9pm

Hello Community!

It’s time to get our next virtual tasting (and last #TWSTaste of the year) in your diaries:

New #TWSTaste virtual wine tasting: Bring A Bottle: Community Christmas Party, Thursday 3rd December, 8pm-9pm

We’ll be using this last #TWSTaste of 2020 as a celebration of this wonderful Community. The theme is:

‘What bottle would you bring to a Christmas party, but secretly wish you’d kept for yourself?’ - thanks to @Andrew20 for the brilliant suggestion!

You can either purchase some wine especially for the tasting, or open any bottle you already have at home to taste with us! Between us, we’ll be trying to make this virtual Christmas party as extravagant as possible - any bottles are welcome and we’d love for you to join us. Hopefully you’ll also find something to add to your ‘must try’ list for 2021!

If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting, have a read of our guide ‘How To’ - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events’

How do I take part?

If you’d like to join us, here’s what to do:

1. Have a look to see what wines you have at home that you’d bring to a Christmas party. If you don’t have anything, you should have time to order some! :slight_smile:
  2. Reply to this topic letting us know if you’re attending - feel free to post a picture of your bottles, we love seeing all your photos!
  3. Chill or decant your bottles ready for the event - and if you like, prepare a special meal to serve alongside them.
  4. Log into the Community shortly before 8pm on Thursday 3rd December - you’ll find a topic called **LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste: Bring A Bottle: Community Christmas Party ** where the event will take place. Feel free to begin chatting to your fellow members on the topic before we start!
  5. We’ll guide you through the tasting from there - it’s all done in written format. We’ll all say which bottles we’re opening/share photos of the bottles, and then we’ll taste along together and compare notes, just like we do for a normal #TWSTaste event.

Who’s joining us?

• I’ll be there!
  • I’m hoping to join!
  • I can’t make it this time.

0 voters

We can’t wait for our Community Christmas Party - we hope to see as many of you here as possible! :smiley: :partying_face: :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Paaarrrrty! There’ll have to be party nibbles. I’m thinking salmon blinis. Other ideas?

1 Like

Halloumi wrapped in bacon - a little indulgent, but it is Christmas!

4 Likes

Genius idea. That’s going on the Christmas menu.

2 Likes

Salty!

I like devils on horseback - bacon-wrapped prunes.

5 Likes

Well, I like wine (surprising in this company, I know), but it isn’t really the drink that would spring to mind to take to a Christmas party (perhaps I went to the wrong sort of Christmas parties). What are the criteria? Mulls well, perhaps?

Cucumber cups filled with crabmeat. (A favourite at my parties - cut 1 cm slices of cucumber, remove skin by pushing out the centre with a 2.5cm biscuit cutter and remove a hemisphere of the seedy centre with a melon baller. Fill with brown crab meat, top with a little of the white meat and sprinkle over a little cayenne pepper)
It has to be champagne to drink.

7 Likes

These sound amazing!

Tasty!

1 Like

Such a great idea, I’m totally up for this! Might be the only Christmas party I get! :santa:

3 Likes

Just bumping this up to make sure everyone’s seen it - looks like it’ll be a popular event! :smiley:

4 Likes

What a great idea! Having enjoyed the community tastings over the months, it’s great to look forward to another excuse to share a party drink and a few nibbles!

4 Likes

sounds yummy