01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

NEW #TWSTaste virtual tasting - Rioja 'vertical', Thursday 26th March, 8-9pm

twstaste

Hello, Ive brought a 2010 Vina Ardanza from Rioja Alta

I am a newby at virtual tasting so not quite sure how this works but I do have a
Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904 from 2001 ready to decant

A first timer. I have dug out a 2009 Vina Pomal Reserva. Bought at the bodega in Haro some years ago for 10 Euros. I will decant it and warm it up a bit.

W

2013 Vina Majestica …a blending between La Rioja Alta and Majestic rather like the WS has done. A Reserva wine which drinks very well at an attractive price …especially with staff discount!

Thought a toff might have something older…

You lucky man👍

Wow the new vintage Reserva Especial - look forward to hearing about this and was hoping it might feature!

Turns out I was a bit overly enthusiastic and we didn’t have a Rioja in the ‘cellar’. Luckily off-licenses considered essential so during my exercise walk I nipped into Nicholas and picked up some crianza, everything else seemed a bit expensive for a Thursday glass.

I think I might have wine envy seeing some of these :frowning:

Hey, my wine is not in the list!

I’m pleased to be joining the session tonight. Living on my own, it will be great to have a chat. I will be opening a Gran Reserva Tempranillo, 2008 from Valdepenas.
Hope it’s still pleasant -I probably should have drunk it awhile ago…See you soon!,
Claire

Makeshift TWSTaste virtual wine tasting themes - what do you have at home?

It was recommended by Jancis a few months ago and the dear WS had some in stock, I think there is quite a bit of it about.

Before we start I would like to say a big thanks to all of the society staff and members (including @tom who may now not be joining us) for helping put this together. It will stop me from spending another night just reading twitter on my phone and is genuinely the highlight of my (hectic working/home schooling) week so far.

Thank you!

Just about to head out and grab a bottle from the cellar or local indie…meanwhile, anyone going to stand on their doorstep with a glass of Rioja in hand and clap and cheer for the NHS #clapforourcarers?

Hi Jules - we’re proposing that we all do just that at the start of the tasting :+1:

Saw this, thought what a great idea, then shock set in when I realised that there was hardly any Rioja in the wine store. Did manage to find a Plantados en Ladera, Finca-Montalvillo, 2018

Getting ready - a quick 60 minutes in the decanter and we’ll be fine and dandy!

Bosconia 2004 here. Making an octopus risotto…

Suggested by another wine geek as an ideal accompaniment for Rioja. Fine with me - I’m always ready for an octopus :grinning:

my son Tom would have loved to join this but is a junior doc on his way back to London having volunteered for ITU training at Barts Hospital.I am very proud of him so when the time comes please raise part of your glass in his name

cid:DE93291B-B5F1-4CD0-BB24-3D051B3E8FDC@home
Apologies from the luddites in the group, this is supposed to be an image of my bottle of wine

We’re going to be tasting this: