01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

NEW #TWSTaste virtual tasting - Rioja 'vertical', Thursday 26th March, 8-9pm

twstaste

Fabulous! Thanks, @leah :+1:

Cheese followed by cheese mmmm. Manchego would be perfect

We have 2010 Baron de Barbon Gran Reserva

I just really fancied a reminder of how Gary Elwes used to look like !

2014 Beronia Reserva

Muriel 2018 Vendimia Seleccionada DOC

Snap! Let me know what you think.

Contino Reserva 2011

Open for business…

I have a Marqués del Romerol Reserva 2012 which was a present so it seems a good time to try it.

Will do.

Hi, the only Rioja I could find in my reserves is a Muriel 2017 - but that looks like that’s a gap, so perfect!

Just opened mine now to decant, getting rosemary scents off the cork which is a new one for me. I just googled it and apparently rosemary is grown alongside rioja quite often. I didn’t know that before I smelt it so it isn’t the powers of suggestion. Looking forward to this!

Hello everybody!
This is shaping up to be an amazing evening with some cracking gear on show! I’ve updated the wiki but if I’ve missed anyone off, my apologies! Feel free to add anything else to it or let me know if you’re not sure how :smiley:
We’ll be starting a new thread so the actual tasting part is all in one place. Keep an eye out for it but I’m sure @laura will post the link here anyway.
Looking forward to it!

Getting pretty thirsty around here! Smelling good already.

See you on the other side of toddler and baby bathtime and bedtime…

Just signed up but struggling to work out how to add a wine an join in!

The rice is on. Chilli from the freezer just needs warming thru. Coravin out and glasses poured.

I’m also a TWSTasting virgin, so be kind :wink:

Oooh, I have a case of 12 of this wine sat in Stevenage.

I’ll be very interested in your thoughts!

Just retrieved mine and it’s the Reserva not the Gran Reserva so same wine as @Lincoln.

We are having venison ragu with penne rigate but before this, and had already got a Morellino lined up for that so the Rioja will be after that. Maybe with cheese maybe not.