01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

NEW #TWSTaste virtual tasting - Rioja 'vertical', Thursday 26th March, 8-9pm

Sorry, Tom. Hope it’s just a lurgy and not THE lurgy! Get well soon.

1 Like

@robert_mcintosh Dinastia Vivanco, eh? ¡Qué sorpresa! :wink:

1 Like

Hi,

Tried adding my contribution to the wiki - apologies, doesn’t look like the other lines! :frowning:

Anyway, I’ll be raising a glass of 2011 Muga Selection Especial

Chin chin!

John

3 Likes

Fixed it for you :wink:

1 Like

Ooh snap @VinoVeritas on the Urbina Reserva 2006! We can compare notes this evening if we can hear ourselves amongst the multitude!

2 Likes

I’m so excited for tonight too! Been looking forward to it all week, and it looks like there will be some really amazing bottles featured by everyone taking part! We have our one ready as well, will post a picture of the bottle later! :blush::champagne:

3 Likes

I can see this being manic but fun. With over 60 voters now if everyone posted just one post we’d have less than one minute per post to read them all. I can see us spilling over past the one hour!

3 Likes

That’s what I’ll be opening :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes it might be a bit of a race to keep up :joy:

1 Like

I haven’t previously joined any of these tastings because I find them a bit too hectic. I’m obviously very slow! But that was with about 10 or 15 participants. No chance at all with 60+!

But the thought of Rioja is now planted firmly in my mind so I’ll see if I’ve got a decent one for tonight anyway.

3 Likes

Haha, yes - we’re now up to 73 people on the poll at the top of this topic!

My suggestion is going to be that we try to post longer, more complete posts tonight rather than our usual short and snappy responses - maybe one post for the aromas and initial impressions, and one post with our tasting note, which we can all take a bit more time over, adding anything about food matches/drinking windows all in one post. Then the more chatty/conversational posts can fit around this and hopefully we’ll be able to follow each other a bit better!

The aim is for this to be fun, though - so as long as we’re all having a good time, I’m happy. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

maybe you should reinstate the number of characters limit… for this night only :wink:

1 Like

We’re gonna have to hold back on the usual gif-o-rama, aren’t we…

Ah no, come on I love everyone’s gif, that’s half the fun! I say let chaos rule!

3 Likes

You have got to be kidding !:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

The GIFs are my favourite part! :joy: I’m sure we can make it work if we’re sensible(ish :wink: )

2 Likes

Sensible?

4 Likes

I have the last of the Vina Arana 2006. Again another good reason to try this one.

3 Likes