01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

NEW #TWSTaste virtual tasting - Rioja 'vertical', Thursday 26th March, 8-9pm

Great @RonaldVinho, I’ll add you to the WIKI and look forward to your comments tomorrow night!:wink:

Hi there
Vina Ardanza 2010
Exhibition RA 2013

4 Likes

forgive my ignorance - what is a WIKI?

1 Like

It is an editable document , if you scroll up this thread you will see that @tom created one where we can add in the wines we each will be drinking. We have a number of threads on the community which are editable for example the Recipe thread where members can add to or link to .

Will you be opening both?? If so I’ll add them to the WIKI

1 Like

Never even been to a proper wine tasting before but I’ll give it a go. No idea where this came from (or if the photo will appear)!

8 Likes

Well not sure this will class as a ‘proper’ tasting as we’ll mostly all be drinking different Riojas/vintages, but it should certainly be a bit of fun in these trying times!

3 Likes

Rather embarrassingly have to admit to opening a Rioja tonight that I bought at Aldi recently. On the good side, it is a 1.5 litre bottle of 2015 Reserva and actually takes fine. I also have a couple of bottles of 2010 Vina Ardanza Reserva, a 2011 Exhibition La Rioja Alta and 2009 Vina Arana Reserva. But which to drink tomorrow?

I suspect it will have to be the remains of the Aldi Rioja, Pata Negra, as there is no chance I can manage 1.5 litres tonight and I have a house rule that only 1 bottle is open at a time.

Do I get disqualified because it’s not a Society wine?

5 Likes

Absolutely not! Mine is a non TWS wine also, the more variation the better! Welcome to your first tasting :muscle:

2 Likes

I admit to being a virgin virtual taster, but I have attended many evenings at Stevenage, one of things I most love about my membership.

4 Likes

Delighted to join this great idea. Have had this bottle of Marques de Riscal Reserva 1996 for quite a while so perfect time to open it!

12 Likes

Campo Viejo Rioja Tempranillo 2015

2 Likes

That’s a very handsome looking bottle! :smiley:

2 Likes

I have a CVNE Imperial Reserva 2010

2 Likes

I will try to join if possible. According to Cellartracker, I have a 1994 Murrieta Gran Reserva, and I think I recall seeing it the other day! Anyway, I will happily Coravin a glass if I can…

3 Likes

I wouldn’t call it cooking but we’re on the cheeseboard with out tasting tomorrow. Mmmm :cheese:

2 Likes

Thanks for the invite going to drink /taste a 2016 LAN crianza

4 Likes

Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the Ardanza 2010 as not long tucked a case away in Member’s Reserves.

2 Likes

Crikey, it’s been a busy day on the community, I’ve run out of likes, plenty more to be dished out here. Looking forward to the container-load of Rioja to be drunk and waffled on tomorrow night. Great to see the variety in vintage going back 25 years (anyone able to enlighten us as to what happened in 2002 and 2003?) and all the different producers.

Was there an upsurge after the Twitter post @Laura or are we just seeing the benefit of loads of members joining up as we’ve all got nothing else to do with our time?

3 Likes

Found this mini bottle so I am in! :blush: Does not even say the vintage! :rofl:

8 Likes