As it’s summer, and most of us haven’t had a proper holiday this year, we thought we’d bring a taste of Spanish sunshine to our August #twstaste!
Scroll down to find more details on how to take part (essentially, order the wines below, cook up a tapas feast and join us to taste along live!)
#TWSTaste Tapas Night: Thurs 27th August, 8-9pm
We’re just about to launch a Summer Drinking in Style offer which is full of all the sunshine-friendly essentials to see you through the rest of the warmer weather, so we’ve chosen three wines from this offer which we think will be a delicious match for a variety of tapas dishes.
Here’s what we’ll be tasting:
Muga Rosado, Rioja 2019
If there’s one thing you guys seem to agree on, it’s that rosé (or rosado in this case) is an incredibly versatile food match.
The Society’s Cava Reserva Brut NV
I’m reliably informed this is the traditional accompaniment to tapas dishes in northern Spain - but I’ve never tried Cava with tapas before!
This is a wine very close to my heart, though - I’m convinced it’s one of the best-value sparklers in our entire range and I’d love for more of you to try it!
The Society’s Medium Dry Amontillado Blend
We talk about Sherry here a lot, but this is one that never seems to come up, so I thought it would be interesting to try! Plus, it has a hint of residual sweetness which, after last night’s tasting, sounds like it’ll be a great match for cheesy tapas dishes.
And what about the food?
I’m sure you’ve got loads of tapas recipes in mind already, but if you need inspiration, there’s a selection of them on our website:
We’re also just launching a tapas recipes WIKI list so you can all share your favourite recipes.
How do I take part?
If you’d like to join us, here’s what to do:
- Order one bottle each of the above wines and make sure they’re delivered by Thursday 27th August
- Plan what tapas dishes you’ll be making - there’s some ideas above, or why not give/get inspiration from fellow members in our Tapas recipes topic? Of course, if you live near a tapas bar that does takeaway, you don’t even have to cook!
- Reply to this topic once you have your wines ready - feel free to post a picture of your bottle, we love seeing all your photos!
- Chill or decant your bottles ready for the event and get your tapas dishes ready!
- Log into the Community shortly before 8pm on Thursday 27th August - you’ll find a topic called ‘ LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Tapas Night ’ where the event will take place. We’d love it if you could take a pic of your tapas spread and post it to the topic before we start!
- We’ll guide you through the tasting from there - it’s all done in written format (you can share photos too!) so don’t be shy to share your thoughts on the wines!
If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting, have a read of our guide ‘How To’ - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events’
So who’s joining us?
- I’ll be there!
- I’m hoping to join in
- I can’t make it this time