01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

NEW #TWSTaste: Italian Summer Wine Champs! [15th Aug, 8-9pm]

twstaste

Pssst! It’s time to announce our next #twstaste virtual tasting - and this one gives you an exclusive sneak preview of two of our 2019 Wine Champs ahead of the offer going live next week!

TWSTaste: Italian Summer Wine Champs

When: Thursday 15th August 2019, 8-9pm

Our 2019 Wine Champs winners are being announced in the Wine Champs offer which should be live on the website and through your letterbox next week. If you’re not familiar with it, this is our annual blind tasting where our buyers try 900 or so wines to find the best of the best for drinking now.

We’ve decided to celebrate two winning Italians which are perfect for summer drinking, and we’ll be coming together to drink them at our next virtual tasting.

So, without further ado, we can announce the wines we’ll be tasting (and the first two Wine Champs revealed!) are:

White

Puglia Bianco, A Mano 2018

Rosato

Basilicata Rosato Le Rall Alovini 2018

How to join in

If you’d like to join us and taste these wines together, simply:

• Buy a bottle each of these two wines and make sure they’re delivered in time for Thursday 15th August, 2019
  • On the day, make sure the wines are chilled, invite over friends if you like, and you can even cook something to serve alongside it!
  • Then, just before 8pm on th 15th, join us here on The Community, where there’ll be a topic called ‘LIVE #TWSTaste’.

Who’s joining us this time?

• Yes! Sì! I’m champ-ing at the bit!
  • Not for me - I’ll take a Roman Holiday
  • I’m hoping to make it(aly!)

0 voters

We will be flying to Spain on the 15th, so will have to miss this one too! :frowning:

Never mind! there’s always the next one, so will hopefully be free for the September one. :crossed_fingers:

I’ll be at Glyndebourne that evening so too will have to give it a miss.

I’ll be in France so will give you all a break from the Gifs :rofl::rofl:

Haha, oh dear, looks like we’ve lost a few regulars this time! Looking forward to a TWSTaste reunion for the September tasting.

Please can we have more notice of the TWSTaste sessions. It would make it so much easier to plan to have friends over to enjoy the wines in the company of all the others attending the session.

Hi Kate, there has been 17 days notice which normally will be enough time to have the wines ordered and delivered . Hope this helps .

No deliveries for me this month (what with 2018 claret coming out of my account :grimacing:), so I’m skipping this one after all.

Enjoy! :clinking_glasses:

No. It doesn’t help. Thank you.

Hi Leah, this doesn’t help me either as I already have something booked for the September tasting that I am trying to move and I only found that date from another thread. We don’t need the actual wines/topic in advance but a schedule of dates would be really useful please. Thank you for reading! Sarah

Hi there everyone (especially @UnwinedExeter and @KateK)

Just wanted to help here if I can. So, while we have been giving at least two week’s notice for these events for a while now, which is often about as much notice as we can give due to confirming wine stocks etc, I do appreciate sometimes it’s nice to plan further ahead.

So I’ve mapped out the dates for the TWSTaste monthly events taking place for the rest of the year. :smiley: You can find them here. I’ll update themes etc as soon as I can, but at least this will help you plan inviting your friends over etc!

To avoid confusion, I’m locking this topic now (as soon people will be arriving to take part in the LIVE tasting topic!) but if you have any questions/comments etc please reply on the 2019 TWSTaste Schedule topic (that I linked to in my post above!) and I’ll be happy to help!

closed #13