01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

NEW #TWSTaste: FW Autumn Oddities [Thursday 10th October, 8-9pm]

twstaste

Hi everyone!

Thanks for a cracking evening at last night’s Portugal #TWSTaste! You can catch up here, but I thought it about time to announce the details for our next one. :smiley:

#TWSTaste: Fine Wine Autumn Oddities, Thursday 10th October 8-9pm

We’ve picked these two wines from our Fine Wine Trade Secrets offer, being mailed in a week or so, which is made up of personal recommendations from our Fine Wine Team: @martin_brown, @ThomBuzzard, @Freddy @shaunk and me!

They’re slightly higher in price than our average TWSTaste but we thought these were really worth trying so hoped some of you would enjoy splashing out on this voyage of discovery…

RED: Chateau Ksara Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 (one of my picks)

WHITE: Blackbook Winery, The Mixup 2018 (picked by @ThomBuzzard)

How to join in

If you’d like to join us and taste these wines together, simply:

• Buy a bottle each of these two wines and make sure they’re delivered in time for Thursday 10th October, 2019
  • On the day, make sure the wines are chilled/decanted, invite over friends if you like, and you can even cook something to serve alongside it!
  • Then, just before 8pm on the 10th, join us here on The Community, where there’ll be a topic called ‘LIVE #TWSTaste’.

Who’s joining us this time?

• I’m up for some oddities!
  • Not for me
  • I’m hoping to make it

0 voters

Oo, I didn’t even know TWS had the '13 Ksara I might have to pick up a couple of them to keep my '15 company!

And I’m thoroughly intrigued by that white. And I’m not averse to a little oak in a white.

Ah, I have just realised that this is a different wine to the Chateau Ksara Rouge, which is a Cab S blend rather than the varietal that I believe this to be. A little hard to spot without the label in the image.

This makes it all the more interesting as I’ve not tried this one!

Lucky for me I’ve already got the black book… I was going to try it over the weekend… am sure I’ll find something else :rofl:

Same — in fact it’s bottle number 2 that is chilling in the fridge, bottle number 1 having gone down very well with some friends a couple of weeks back. Very interesting wine. Big fan of Blackbook generally — bought a 6-bottle mixed case and a 6 bottle case of the 2017 Clayhill Chardonnay from the cellar door at the beginning of summer.

Not had this particular Ksara either, looking forward to it!

Ooh, I fancy checking out the Ksara Cabernet.

Tasted it at the winery years ago, and the pouring lady told me it can go for 20 years. Don’t know if that’s true but I vaguely remember that it had a bit more oomph than the regular bottling, which is usually a variation on the theme of 65%/25%/10% cabernet/merlot/petit verdot. Not sure whether/how they raise it differently though.

This reminds me - there’s a lovely little article about Beirut in my Wine Enthusiast copy this month. Will try to forward it to you when I’m next near a scanner. Made me really want to visit! :heart_eyes::+1:

Oh yeah, I’d love to have a read of that, thanks @Inbar! :+1: :lebanon: