Happy Friday, everyone
Thanks to everyone who voted in our poll, we’re now able to announce the wines for our next virtual taste-along!
#TWSTaste Fine Wine Champs: Thursday 22nd October, 8-9pm
You’ll all probably have seen the Wine Champions 2020 offer we did back in the summer (our 20th anniversary of our annual blind-tasting competition - and it broke all sales records!) - and now it’s the Fine Wine Champions’ turn in the spotlight.
We’ve picked two absolute corkers from this year’s winners.
The wines we’ll be trying are:
Domaine de Perdiguier Cuvée d’En Auger, Vin de Pays des Coteaux d’Ensérune 2009
‘How much?’ The question was asked twice upon this wine being revealed:
firstly in reference to the price (its outstanding value), and then regarding
how much stock we had managed to secure! A beautifully mature
Languedoc blend of Bordeaux grapes offering warmth, class and charm.
Olivier Leflaive, Bourgogne Oncle Vincent 2017
One of the stars of 2020’s tastings in any category: a knockout-value white Burgundy and a fitting tribute to the late and legendary winemaker ‘Oncle’ Vincent Leflaive. Everyone’s pens seemed to move a little faster when tasting this, such is its exciting combination of floral finesse and barrelfermented structure. A great success.
How do I take part?
If you’d like to join us, here’s what to do:
- Order one bottle each of the above wines and make sure they’re delivered by Thursday 22nd October.
- Reply to this topic letting us know if you’re attending - feel free to post a picture of your bottle, we love seeing all your photos!
- Chill or decant your bottles ready for the event - and if you like, prepare a special meal to serve alongside them.
- Log into the Community shortly before 8pm on Thursday 22nd October - you’ll find a topic called LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Fine Wine Champs where the event will take place. Feel free to begin chatting to your fellow members on the topic before we start!
- We’ll guide you through the tasting from there - it’s all done in written format (you can share photos too!) so don’t be shy to share your thoughts on the wines!
If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting, have a read of our guide ‘How To’ - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events’
So who’s joining us?
- I’ll be there!
- I’m hoping to join.
- I can’t make it this time.
Looking forward to seeing as many of you here as possible!
In the mean time, why not take part in the Fine Wine Champs chat?