We’re pleased to announce our next virtual taste-along for your diaries:
#TWSTaste Christmas Curiosities: Thursday 12th November, 8-9pm
Our Christmas Fine Wine List is launching very soon, so we thought our next #TWSTaste would be a lovely opportunity to try two wines included in this list, from our Christmas Curiosity Shop!
There are low stocks of both of the wines we’ll be trying, so if you would like to join us at this tasting, please do order quickly!
The two wines we’ll be trying are:
Vin de France Garance ‘Inclassable’ Pineau d’Aunis, Bois-Brinçon
From the 2015 vintage (but not allowed on the label), this is, more by luck than prelaid plans, a perfectly modern expression of a weird and wonderful old grape variety, pineau d’Aunis. Light in colour and silky in texture, with currant freshness and peppered strawberry fruit, this wouldn’t be out of place in trendy Australian or South African circles. A rare delight to savour over the next year or two.
Somloi Hárslevelű, Kolonics 2017
Hungary’s hárslevelű often plays second fiddle to the more recognised furmint grape in the iconic sweet wines of the Tokaji region. Given the limelight here, it produces a full, dry and flavoursome treat with intricate and intriguing aromas of spices, elderflower and roses.
These wines are slightly more indulgent than we would usually choose for our #TWSTastes, but we thought it would be a festive treat and a special way to round off what has been an unprecedented year for us all.
How do I take part?
If you’d like to join us, here’s what to do:
- Order one bottle each of the above wines and make sure they’re delivered by Thursday 12th November.
- Reply to this topic letting us know if you’re attending - feel free to post a picture of your bottle, we love seeing all your photos!
- Chill or decant your bottles ready for the event - and if you like, prepare a special meal to serve alongside them.
- Log into the Community shortly before 8pm on Thursday 12th November - you’ll find a topic called LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Christmas Curiosities where the event will take place. Feel free to begin chatting to your fellow members on the topic before we start!
- We’ll guide you through the tasting from there - it’s all done in written format (you can share photos too!) so don’t be shy to share your thoughts on the wines!
If you’re new to The Community and need help with how to use the forum for the tasting, have a read of our guide ‘How To’ - Take part in our virtual #TWSTaste events’
Who’s joining us?
- I’ll be there!
- I’m hoping to join.
- I can’t make it this time.