To get you excited about a brand new year (and decade!) here’s the details for our first #twstaste of 2020!
A tale of two tannats: Thursday 23rd Jan, 8-9pm
The brilliant @Inbar suggested this a few months ago and we thought it was a great way to start the year. Tannat is a red grape originally from Madiran in the south of France, but it’s getting an increasing reputation for success in Uruguay, too - although often quite different in style.
We’re going to try two examples of tannat - one from Madiran, one from Uruguay - and see what we think of the differences and similarities.
If you’re new to these #TWSTaste virtual tastings, here’s how it works:
- Buy a bottle of each of the above wines and have it delivered before Thursday 23rd January 2020
- We like to encourage everyone to get some friends over, or plan a dinner they think will match - really make an evening of it! Let us know what you have planned…
- On the night, open the wines ready (we usually have a discussion in advance about whether we think they need decanting and for how long)
- Join us here on the Community a little before 8pm, and there will be a topic called ‘LIVE #TWSTaste’ ready and waiting - that’s where we’ll all taste and discuss the wines.
We hope you can join us - who’s in?
- This sounds tannat-alising! Count me in!
- Tan-NOT for me
- I’m hoping to make it