01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

New to The Community? 10 brilliant topics to get you started! :)

welcome

Hello!

If you’re reading this, you’re probably new to The Community (welcome! :wave:) and looking for the best topics to read and get involved with. Here’s a handy list to get you started:

Introductions

1. The Introduce Yourself thread is there to let you tell us all about yourself and your favourite wines, if you fancy it. It’s also a great place to find fellow members nearby or with similar interests.

2. Meet the Members
    We regularly interview some of our more active users and you’re certainly a fascinating bunch. Have a read through some of our recent Meet The Member interviews and let @robert_mcintosh and me know if you’d like to take part.

Everyday drinking

1. The weekly Weekend Drinking thread is an excellent place to share your special bottles and find inspiration for what to drink next weekend! :clinking_glasses:

2. Find the perfect wine match for your next dinner (and help out your fellow members with wine-and-food matching dilemmas!) on the Food matching sub-category. :shallow_pan_of_food:

3. When you’re finished with the bottle, get crafty and creative ideas for what to do with the cork.

Plan your next wine adventure

1. Need the perfect restaurant? There’s plenty of recommendations in the Restaurants category, including these great-value places to eat in London :heart_eyes:.

2. If you’re looking to travel further afield, the Travel section :earth_africa: is packed with inspiration from your fellow members, from Alsace to Australia! Maybe Rioja? Or even some UK vineyards to visit.

Popular fun topics

1. You know you’re obsessed with wine when… how many of these funny contributions will you find all too familiar? :rofl:

2. What’s your cellar like? Share your photos, get great tips and try not to get cellar-envy as you browse through the photos…

3. Awkward wine lover moments - plenty of laughs to be had here - and I’m sure you’ve got your own story to add! :laughing:

Think there’s a topic missing? Start your own! And let @robert_mcintosh and I know if you have any questions or ideas.

Happy Community-ing! :smiley:

An excellent thread :+1:. A really useful one stop intro for newbies. It would have taken me an age to type and format that (3 fingers and a thumb typist!).

Have a bump to the top for anyone who’s missed it… and a bonus point for using an emoji in the thread title.:nerd_face: