01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

New look, same Society

recommended-reading

Maybe it was changed to make the discussion more heated… :wink:

:rofl::rofl:

Haha, that’s my bad. I was playing around with colour palettes and tried something out, wasn’t sure it would work and looks like it didn’t! I’ll sort it out. :+1:

…do you have a lower environment to test things in before putting “live” into production?

X[quote=“MikeFranklin, post:43, topic:5615”]
red is considered to be the best colour for grabbing attention.
[/quote]

Unless of course one is colour blind in which case I think it might go unnoticed?

… yes. :flushed: Just didn’t think it would cause such a bad reaction! Lesson learned. :smile:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I could deal with the colour but the fading was really disturbing me! Somehow the blue doesn’t do the same.

You know if you can control that just by tweaking some colour palettes then you could consider making it a user preference. The only other forum on which I’m a regular (a reading forum) allows the user to choose from a number of different styles. The only real difference between them is a colour theme.

Having used phpbb/vbulletin/xenforo forums for many years I find discourse infuriating and so counter intuitive. I thought it would be an option too but it’s not.

Excellent suggestion!! I’ll see what I can do. :slight_smile:

So I see the community is a little ahead of the game as compared with the main TWS site! Or maybe we’re the testing ground. I’m talking about the revamped log appearing here but not yet on the main site! :wink: :smiley:

I find it painful to look at that new upper case “W” with just three upper terminal points. I want the old “W” with FOUR upper terminal points.

I think I’ll revert to buying my wine at Tesco, even though the wine there is hit or miss…

If we are back to complaints about this site, can you please do something about the clash of different reds? Dark across the top and then brick for the ‘Wine Society’ logo doesn’t work.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cf/00/c1/cf00c1457ffabeb10c606716ad0ae95a.jpg

Absolutely agree - it’s a work in progress, @SPmember! Should be sorted in the next hour. :smiley:

The twitter account is still on the old logo!

Check it out now - we are gradually changing over everything, as you might guess, there are quite a few logos to change and update!

Social is done! :grinning:

By the way, if anyone’s confused and can’t see the new logo on this Community or our social media profiles, it will help to clear your cache - I had to!

Depending which internet browser you use, just google ‘how to clear cache on [eg Firefox]’ and you’ll find instructions.

More of a query than anything else, but I notice that the link to the community that used to sit on the top ribbon seems to have gone - is there a new way of getting from the website to the community page?