01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

New Fine Wine releases

Looking at the website this morning there seems to be a few fine wine mixed cases appearing. Possibly ahead of the forthcoming Fine Wine List? Includes some nice clarets and a Felton Road magnums case…

7 Likes

I think those have all been on for a while?

I’m not so sure, some have and some, I’m fairly certain, haven’t, for example Baron de Brane '14 has been in the list (but no longer is) and appears in the Old World Fine Wine case along with the Ardanza Especial '10 which is also currently available. However both may well be in the new list.

On the other hand the Claret Fine Wine case includes Baron de Brane '16 and I’m pretty sure that hasn’t appeared on the list before (I’ve been waiting for it to appear so I can pop a few away). I’ve also been waiting for some of the Bordeaux mid range '15s and '16s to start appearing which this case suggests they are about to do!

1 Like

We’ll agree to differ :slight_smile: I’m pretty sure they’ve all been on the standard mixed cases section for a couple of weeks at least, but it doesn’t matter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve definitely seen these cases as well. Wouldn’t say with 100% confidence that the contents have been the same though.

1 Like

the Felton magnums have been there before / around
I remember the discussions about how inconvenient it was to have to retrieve 3 magnums at once were one to put the case in reserves

Does anyone else think the upcoming fine wine list may have a bit of a German lean?

1 Like

There will definitely be a page (or 6) of German wines in there by the look of it

2 Likes

As pointed out on the Italian thread, quite a few fine wine mixed cases have appeared.

Australian, Chilean, a couple of Californian, Burgundy and Claret look like they will be in the release on Monday. The Australian one looks most interesting to me, but slightly annoying that one of them is drinking now, but the others all go for at least 4 years. Can’t stay in reserves.

1 Like

You are probably better off putting together a mixed white Burgundy case yourself from the current selection… a lot (3) of 2016s in this one and the two 2017s are okay rather than inspiring. Just my opinion of course.

I think it is this one.

The 6 bottle case has been there a little while.

1 Like

Anyone got any experience of the Bedrock wines?

The Bedrock mixed Zinfandel case is actually tempting… one of the winemakers is the son of Joel Peterson.

5 Likes

Would somebody be able to post a link to the cases? Thank you in anticipation…

Sorry @Andrew20, you have probably found the case in question by now but if not, here you are.

3 Likes

Small Wonders Mixed Cases appeared online, just put ‘small wonders’ in the search box on TWS website.

I particularly like the look of the Small Wonders White Case.

3 Likes

New fine wine list is up. I preferred the Italian offer, tbh.

5 Likes

The Ducru Beaucaillou sounds delicious:

Tasted blind at Farr Vintners 2007 Bordeaux tasting. The 2007 Ducru Beaucaillou has a generous red cherry and wild strawberry bouquet armed with very good fruit concentration. The palate is medium-bodied, fleshy in the mouth with slightly lower acidity than its peers. Harmonious and velvety smooth, there is a fair amount of new oak here, but it is very well integrated with a caressing finish. It still has that Burgundian flair. This is excellent considering the growing season. Tasted March 2015.
Drink Date 2015 - 2030
Score: 92

I could blow my whole BDX 2019 budget on 2 bottles, or just accept it isn’t in my price range :joy:

7 Likes

I’ve already blown my bdx 2019 budget, but I hear you!

4 Likes

Bedrock case going to reserves. Not tried this producer before but the wines seem to garner universal praise. Tempted by a few other things too, might get a mixed case if I can get drink dates to align.

5 Likes