01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Never have I ever ……

For a bit of fun and related to wine I’ll start this off ……
Never have I ever drank Picpoul de Pinet !!

(I know! Shocking :joy:)

19 Likes

Bought a bottle of Champagne. Firstly, because I’ve spent most of my life with relatively little disposable income. Secondly, because wine is (mostly) ruined by putting bubbles in it. Thirdly, because I’d rather spend the same amount of money on decent red wine, or much less on a decent Loire sparkling wine.

I do occasionally drink the stuff, as purchased by other people, but I never spend my own hard-earned cash on it.

(get yer pitchforks out, and ostracise me from The Community)

24 Likes

Bought a bottle of rose.

I might break my duck if that Greek one comes back that everyone was raving about. But then again I might not…

7 Likes

You’re dead to me.

14 Likes

Well, that escalated quickly

16 Likes

I would’ve said exactly the same thing until very recently. Much to my surprise fell I love with South Downs sparkling wines, mainly because I love hiking there, and then suddenly discovered grower champagne and have had my mind blown a bit! Charles Dufour and Lassaigne being the guilty culprits…

5 Likes

Never have I ever drank a wine from Lidl.

Never have I ever eaten from Greggs.

9 Likes

Probably not a bad thing :joy:

2 Likes

Never have I ever been to Ikea.

5 Likes

I have done all of the above.

The only wine related “never have I ever” I can think of is “bought EP”. Otherwise it is “been there, done that”. Mind you, there are a few things I wouldn’t do again - getting drunk on Port is one that springs to mind

14 Likes

Drunk whisky (though I do have a bottle waiting)

4 Likes

Seconded for the idea of never again getting drunk on port.

There’s the seed here for a parallel thread: “Never again would I ever…”

4 Likes

Never have I ever thought a Chateauneuf-du-Pape was good enough.

13 Likes

You’re missing out :star_struck:

Never have I ever found Sangiovese an interesting or satisfying grape :flushed:

EDIT: to be fair, that’s perhaps a little extreme… I have enjoyed a few (and looking forward to drinking my Villa di Vetrice 2006 next month), but somehow I always overlook it or prefer others sirens’ song.

8 Likes

Let me tell you about the 13 year-old rosado I had yesterday … :yum:

11 Likes

I don’t spoze this is another Thymiopoulos one, by any chance?

Not this time, but it was a bit special…

4 Likes

Enjoyed a wine as much at home as when I enjoyed it for the first time while on holiday where I found it!

18 Likes

Never, ever, have I enjoyed a glass of ruby, LBV or vintage port. Even despite others paying for and providing the glass in question. The same applies to all spirits and liqueurs too :innocent:

6 Likes