01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

Mystery cases

Just done a @NicolaR and put a £105 reds case in reserves…to be delivered when my other half isn’t working from home as she’ll explode if I have any more wine delivered at the moment :joy:

As Nicola says, ‘free’ future wine with the added ‘what will I get?’ bonus factor.

9 Likes

This can backfire… Be warned

1 Like

That £105/12 case was too much temptation for me. I think there is a degree of judgement required based upon what you are likely to get for your money - you aren’t going to get much beyond the basic stuff in a £75/12 case or £100/3 champagne case. If there were a £125/3 champagne case on the other hand, I think you would be in business!

4 Likes

Finally succumbed to the pressure. £105 red case.

2 Likes

That’s exactly why I didn’t have mine delivered :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mixed cases gone.

Thankfully. I don’t need to buy anymore at the moment… I’ll wait till the next lot or the one after, I was on the brink of getting one.

1 Like

At first glance there is nothing particularly exciting in my £85 mixed red case unfortunately. What looks like about £85 worth of wine with the only added ‘bonus’ being the damaged/stained labels, so not much of a deal in this case. Disappointed as it was my first one but I knew it was a gamble and will still hopefully have some fun at second glance (aka the pour).

In retrospect and I would have probably gone for higher value one if it had been available when I ordered.

Hi guys, I’m new to the wine society and am really tempted by the £105 mystery case of red wine. Was going to use my £20 discount towards it, are the cases worth it?

5 Likes

Providing you’re not overly fussy and are open to a bit of exploration I think they’re very much worth it. I’ve had two £95 mixed cases, both cracking value.

3 Likes

Yes, I think it’s a great way to get started exploring. You may not enjoy every single one, but it’s a very reasonable way to learn that, maybe save some expensive mistakes…

3 Likes

At worst they’re not bad Christmas gifts too!

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! Ordered a case along with a few other treats!

8 Likes

Welcome to the addiction :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

I emailed Member Services today to switch my £85 order for a £105 one, for this reason. Judging from previous line-ups, it seems the return on risk capital is higher that way!

Jim

4 Likes

The 6 @ £90 is the one…

2 Likes

Yes that seems ideal.

Apologies if this is answered higher up this thread, but how does one know when these are released? Other than following this thread? I’m not even entirely clear where they crop up on the site - they don’t seem to be on the Buy Wine menu, at least not on my phone. Sorry to be hard of understanding.

Jim

The 6 for £90 ones seem good, but the 12 for £95 seem even better when they’re available. Lots of wine in the £10-15 sweet spot, but at less than £8/bottle :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think that following this thread is the best way of finding out. That, or pressing refresh continuously on a search on the main website.

1 Like

Offers tab… Bin ends and clearance…

1 Like

I search for mystery. All available cases will show with that term

6 Likes