01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Muga Reserva 2017

Hi

Got a bottle of Muga Rioja 2017, Im going to open later, no idea what its like, but I generally like Rioja, this was my first bottle I purchased when I joined The Society, I used that free £20 joining gift towards it :grinning:, what are your thoughts on this wine for those that have tried it?

I also have the Society’s Exhibition Rioja, but leaving that one for now.

I will decant the muga, I’m a bit unsure for how long, im guessing maybe 1hr, what do you think?

Thanks

2 Likes

You are in for a treat, it’s a great wine. Decanting rioja is an interesting one, a couple of years ago the winemakers from La Rioja Alta, Muga and CVNE did a zoom event and said they don’t decant, they just drink it from the bottle and it evolves over time from opening.

There is no right or wrong answer, I didn’t decant the last time I opened a bottle of Muga Reserva, but I like seeing how it changes over time too.

2 Likes

Funnily enough, I decanted a Muga 2015 about an hour ago. I generally give reservas and grand reservas an hour or two to breath unless they are older (i.e. 15 years+).

1 Like

Yeah its very nice, I decanted for about 45mins, I do agree though that its nice to just open a bottle and trying it over time.

2 Likes

HaHa, great!

As above decanted for a while, really smooth and silky. We had some Ribeye steak for dinner and it was a nice match. Friday night treat :smile:

4 Likes

as that saves washing up the glasses?

6 Likes