01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

Most recent live concert?

music

of course you can… was just my opinion

That would be pretty awesome mind…

I think I saw Genesis in Bedford in 1971 (I see from the internet that they played there three times) though they clearly weren’t that memorable but I suspect the tickets were cheaper then :wink:

Maybe they didn’t actually play three times, it just took three concerts to get through a couple of songs… :wink:

Brubecks play Brubeck last night.
Certainly felt very young as an audience member :older_man:t2:.
Their tour a celebration of Dave Brubeck’s centennial. 3 sons playing their father’s works with Darius’s saxophonist standing in for Paul Desmond. Not as “breathy” as Desmond but still precise with great tone and quite “cool”. Drummer Dan gave himself a very thorough workout. N-I-C-E…
image https://media1.tenor.com/images/2fc6da8232c5855cffd18453aedeffbd/tenor.gif?itemid=15971012

Last night we went to see The South at the Arc Centre in Stockton-on-Tees. http://thesouth.co.uk/

Likely, given what is happening, to be our last live concert for a long time… Something I think wasn’t lost on the band and the audience.

It made for an incredible atmosphere. Alison Wheeler, Gaz Birtles and the band at their very best. When all this is over we’ll be celebrating by seeing them again. In the meantime we’ll just have to make do with the Beautiful South’s back catalogue.

We were off to see FUR at The Prince Albert in Brighton tonight, but cancelled due to Covid-19. Son Will (top left) says he definitely hasn’t got it, as he’s been in self-perpetuated isolation while writing songs these past two months! Ah well - next time!

This might be really self evident, but as a full time musician myself wanted to point out to the gig goers on here that most of us are losing all of our income at the moment - this would be a really good time to buy music direct from artists. Bandcamp is often a straightforward way to do that

Managed to see the Stereophonics at the O2 a couple of weeks ago, it was a bit hit or miss to see if they were still going ahead but I am glad they did - was amazing!

ah…the band with the worst publicity at the moment after the Cardiff gig !

Best joke so far today…things go from bad to worse in italy as Bono shares new ballad in tribute to their Coronavirus victims :rofl: